Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > the flu shot is bulls$%t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Default the flu shot is bulls$%t

So i got the flu shot a week ago and guess what i have????? The FLU ....... dont ever get the flu shot ever.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Oh come on. It's a fantastic idea to pay someone to infect you with a virus. Lmfao
With the way things have been going with the medical industry I would avoid all shots at any cost. Have you not heard about the meningitis outbreak? How about Mercer? I'll go to the hospital if I'm dying only and I sure as hell ain't trusting a pharmacy technician with 40 hours of school under their belt.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #3

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

My daughters pediatrician recommended my wife and i get one. We both got it and she never got sick. Ive never had the flu but it is pure misery.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I agree with MM, I've never had a flu shot and I never will. Who knows what they put in that crap.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
So i got the flu shot a week ago and guess what i have????? The FLU ....... dont ever get the flu shot ever.....

Its not the shots fault but your own. You have to get the shot early on and allow the immunity to build up in your system. 7 days obviously wasnt enough time for your system to build the immunity.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I used to get the flu every year...and when I get it..I'm down for a week. Since I've gotten the shot( about 7 yrs.now) I haven't had the flu....except two years ago I had that serious swine flu going around. But the flu shot wasn't about the Swine Flu...so I don't blame it.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2592 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 248

I stopped getting Flu shots after I retired from the USAF. Haven't had the Flu since. I can't speak for the rest of the populace, but whenever I got the Flu shot I was sick as hell within 48 hours. But according to the doctors, " The Flu Shot can't cause the flu!" Yeah, whatever pal. I get the shot & get sick within a day or two, every time. But it's "completely unrelated." 20+ years of coincidence.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #8

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There's been tons of debate on whether or not the flu shot can cause the flu. Sick people say yes, and the people selling the vaccines say no. Who you gonna believe?

I get the flu every few years. But I haven't gotten it since I quit taking the vaccine.

I survived swine flu and the ensuing pneumonia. With no help beyond OTC cold and flu medicine. And didn't miss but a couple days of work while the fever was raging.

Flu? Come at me bro.

Last edited by trip286; 11-21-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #9

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have been getting the flu shot for 10 years now and have not been sick from the flu during that time. Seems to have worked for me.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 337

I work in the medical arena. The number one way to not get the flu is to wash your hands frequently, do not use bare hands to open bathroom doors, do not use air driers to dry your hands dont touch common areas in fast food joints like ketchup dispensers swinging lids on garbage cans etc. Carry a small bottle of sanitizer so if you must scratch a face itch sanitize first.

Flu is commonly transmitted by contact. Touch something an infected person touches and then rub nise or eyes and you got the bug. Refrain from eating fastfood or in restraunts during flu season people who know they are sick often hide it so they dont get sent home.

Movie theaters and other areas with close packed people are another way to avoid it by avoiding malls and such places where you come into close contact with others.

The flu shot doesnt give you the flu but after getting it you have a 2 week window where your immune system is weaker as it it is fending off the vaccine. So your more likely to contract an illness after getting the shot. I like to time my flu shot with a weekend to give me time over a few days where im not exposed to the public

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-21-2012 at 02:25 PM.
People Like This