Flu & Flu vaccine poll - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flu & Flu vaccine poll

View Poll Results: Have you had the flu/influenza since July 2012?
I have had the flu since July 2012. 6 24.00%
I have had the flu vaccine since July 2012. 19 76.00%
I have had the flu vaccine AND the flu since July 2012. 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 323 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 112

My neighbor is a doc...she told me the best bet besides washing hands often and using Purrell, buy a nasal flush kit at the pharmacy and do one each day with the Epsom salt packets that are included. I've done that for three years and I've not had so much as the sniffles since doing it. I dunno....sure works for me.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't get a flu shot. I wash my hands a lot and don't touch my face at work or blow my nose/eat without washing my hands first. When I'm teaching I use my own marker/eraser so I don't touch the ones that the students use because even in 8th grade they pick their noses and do nasty stuff. For the most part I stay healthy. If a kid starts to get sick, I move their seat away from the board. Haha. Just kidding

Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 716 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

I would think a hospital and a school would be a toss-up as the most likely place to get sick. Maybe you should teach thru a haz-mat suit.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #34

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I was getting flu shots but am going to quit now and start eating boat loads of c and echinasia or however you spell it and olive leaf extract !

I don't trust anyone anymore to give me unknowns "thats all I say to avoid a conspiracy theory about my weirdness LOL"

Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

I used to get the flu shot every year for probably 15 years as I helped take care of my elderly in-laws. since they died (not of the flu) I haven't been taking the shot and haven't gotten the flu either. I only use hand sanitizers when I am in a hospital or doctor's office. We home school the kids, so we don't have that exposure. I take daily vitamins and some supplements that probably help. I figure what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

For some reason I feel like something is coming on right now though......

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

No shot this year and no flu either, knock on wood.

The military usually requires that I get one every year but there was a shortage this year so they "suggested" I go get one from a clinic somewhere. I was like no way.

My next door neighbor got a flu shot a few years ago when they mixed in the H1N1 vaccine and she woke up the next day paralyzed. Bed ridden for months. Took her 8 months before she recovered enough to go back to work. A doctor, not the one who gave her the shot of course, said that it could have been an auto immune system attack to the vaccine. She says she won't get another vaccine ever.

I will take a vaccine if its required of me and its for something like typhoid. But the common cold, I mean come on. I'm young and healthy and a few days of feeling bad isn't that big of deal. Plus vaccines have a lot of other stuff in them like high doses of mercury.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimberFan View Post
My neighbor is a doc...she told me the best bet besides washing hands often and using Purrell, buy a nasal flush kit at the pharmacy and do one each day with the Epsom salt packets that are included. I've done that for three years and I've not had so much as the sniffles since doing it. I dunno....sure works for me.

Works for me, too!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr
I would think a hospital and a school would be a toss-up as the most likely place to get sick. Maybe you should teach thru a haz-mat suit.
I drink an Airborne every night. Could be mental but it works for me. Plus I'm a total germ freak. If a kid grabs my pen off of my desk, I won't use it again. At grocery stores, I won't sign with the store pen, I use my own. Don't drink out of water fountains etc. Hubby is the only person that I like eat or drink off of me which I know bothers my Mom, but people gross me out. I guess that's how I know I love hubby. He's not icky. Haha.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #39

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

I got a flu mist thanks to the navy. I don't get sick often. I'm not into washing my hands all the time are using anti bacterial purell stuff.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112
I got a flu mist thanks to the navy. I don't get sick often. I'm not into washing my hands all the time are using anti bacterial purell stuff.
I refuse to use anti-bacterial stuff because it kills healthy bacteria which you need on your hands. I buy regular soap.