Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Yup, I know some of us can spare a $20 here, throw in people. WOC will keep it anonymous, i'm sure.

Ironically nice way of making PayPal serve a firearms enthusiast.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #82
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3167 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Yup, I know some of us can spare a $20 here, throw in people. WOC will keep it anonymous, i'm sure.

Ironically nice way of making PayPal serve a firearms enthusiast.
Winds,..I know you have Notdku's ear,...can you ask him to post a Banner on the front page that will be visible to both users of the App & Webusers (I happen to use both)??

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #83
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8611

I am bumping this. We are halfway there. Thanks to all those who helped. You will not be forgotten by me.

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Bump, where does Toby stand now?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #85
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Bump, where does Toby stand now?
I have to call Kirk again though I last talked to him on July 5th. He needs to buy a crate that fits certain criteria. I gave him the number to get those specs. He wanted me to do it for him but it was quite a list and just easier if he did it himself. I know he thinks this is all a big hassle and expense for a dog that he could just bring to the shelter and be done with it. Our conversations are strained but civil. I need just a tad more money that I could probably cover myself to get that crate and fly the dog out along with RR's $410.

The current glitch is LV is a "Pet First" airport which means they have all they need to safely care for pets before during and after flights. Neither airport in Chicago is so Toby can't fly until it's below 85 degrees here in Northern Illinois. It was in the mid 60's last week but this week has been in the upper 80's and humid. There's a guy named Phil who was another of RR's friends in LV and he's not thrilled with Kirk, either. But he's out of town for another week. When he gets home, he'll help me put the pressure on Kirk to get the lead out of his ass. I can't wait for this all to be over.

Thanks, everyone, for your support and interest. To those who donated, I won't forget you.
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #86
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3167 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I have to call Kirk again though I last talked to him on July 5th. He needs to buy a crate that fits certain criteria. I gave him the number to get those specs. He wanted me to do it for him but it was quite a list and just easier if he did it himself. I know he thinks this is all a big hassle and expense for a dog that he could just bring to the shelter and be done with it. Our conversations are strained but civil. I need just a tad more money that I could probably cover myself to get that crate and fly the dog out along with RR's $410.

The current glitch is LV is a "Pet First" airport which means they have all they need to safely care for pets before during and after flights. Neither airport in Chicago is so Toby can't fly until it's below 85 degrees here in Northern Illinois. It was in the mid 60's last week but this week has been in the upper 80's and humid. There's a guy named Phil who was another of RR's friends in LV and he's not thrilled with Kirk, either. But he's out of town for another week. When he gets home, he'll help me put the pressure on Kirk to get the lead out of his ass. I can't wait for this all to be over.

Thanks, everyone, for your support and interest. To those who donated, I won't forget you.
Winds: I don't think any of us "donated" because we want a pat on the back. I know Me & DW(Mz. Green) did it because like you we feel we need to speak for Pets because they can't..(as GATOR lays on the Tiled Kitchen Floor near me to cool off his 81 pounds of Dog-Muscle!). We Met a Woman @ the Vet today who brought in her rescued Boston(also in the Bully Breed Family) and She Heard my wife tell the receptionist briefly how Gator came to become Our DOG-Son. She was "oh I want him to meet mine" I said "ma'am..you don't want your dog to be Hospitalized here, right? Gator is not mean or Nasty,..he's just so scared of other animals he's likely to Bite your dog first!!" It's all about helping them have better lives...
BTW: outside of a minor ear infection Gator is a healthy Bulldog(Bi-Yearly check up!),,.and Gained 1.5 LBS on Weight control Food!!!!!!Tomorrow he goes back to his New Groomer.....and then Dog Toy shopping!! We also got him a "stake in the ground" today @ Wally World....he's not having it!!! He's already trying to pull it out of the Ground!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #87
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I've had two Boston Terriers in my past. Very fun dogs.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #88
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Winds, I just saw this thread and got caught up! Check your PMs and get back to me ASAP for whatever you need.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

tri70 Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #89

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear of RiverRats passing. I didnt know him personally but he always seemed to be a nice guy. Winds, if theres anything else you need for Toby, pm me and let me know.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #90

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default Pic I couldn't attach to the PM...

Will this work??? Blanket included!

014.jpg   015.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This