Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1789 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Why is nothing as easy as it should be. Still working on trying to get Toby. It's not looking so good. I'm not getting much cooperation from the LV end. He doesn't seem to want to hassle with fulfilling River Rat's final wishes for his dog.
OK the cynic in me is coming out here and says of course he doesn't want to hassle with Toby, he has RR's checkbook and wants to spend the money on himself.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #72
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10208 Times on 6091 Posts
Likes Given: 14662

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Id call delta winds, we have sent them in over 80 deg.
I did check with Delta. They will ship Toby. It is in the mid 60's here in Chicago. As far as I'm concerned, it's all systems 'go'. But how do I get Kirk to actually ship the dog??? There are a lot of requirements and I get the distinct feeling Kirk just doesn't want the hassle. I feel I'm running out of time.
dango Likes This 
Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #73
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3390 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I did check with Delta. They will ship Toby. It is in the mid 60's here in Chicago. As far as I'm concerned, it's all systems 'go'. But how do I get Kirk to actually ship the dog??? There are a lot of requirements and I get the distinct feeling Kirk just doesn't want the hassle. I feel I'm running out of time.
Winds...I e-mailed a cattle dog rescue group In Phx, to ask if they knew of anyone in Vegas who could help. If you feel Kirk is being untrust worthy and you want one of us to step in with a phone call,...Please call me to discuss specifics....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
dango Likes This 
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #74
FTF_ADMIN.png

Thank you. I called Kirk again this morning armed with the info I had. He's going to see if River Rat's checking account is frozen but it shouldn't be because Kirk is a legal co-signer on RR's checking account. I told Kirk as far as Delta is concerned, the dog can be shipped. I also reminded Kirk this is what Bob wanted and I have emails to prove it where RR discussed his plans with me. It even says in the emails Kirk is holding the money that will pay to ship Toby. I'm waiting to hear back from Kirk.......again. I don't think he's happy with me but I don't really care. After all this is done, he won't have to hear from me again.
dango Likes This 
Old 07-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #75
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22395 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Thank you. I called Kirk again this morning armed with the info I had. He's going to see if River Rat's checking account is frozen but it shouldn't be because Kirk is a legal co-signer on RR's checking account. I told Kirk as far as Delta is concerned, the dog can be shipped. I also reminded Kirk this is what Bob wanted and I have emails to prove it where RR discussed his plans with me. It even says in the emails Kirk is holding the money that will pay to ship Toby. I'm waiting to hear back from Kirk.......again. I don't think he's happy with me but I don't really care. After all this is done, he won't have to hear from me again.
IMO, it really doesnt matter what Kirk wants or likes. it's about the wishes of what RiverRat wanted for Toby and IMO, the welfare of Toby is an important issue. if Toby is an older dog, his chances for being adopted out ae not good if he goes to an animal shelter. his best cahnces are being with you and you findinga person or family that he will fit in with. and besides, it's Riverrat's money that he set aside for Toby to be placed with you.

Winds, i'm rooting and praying for you and Toby and hope this works out. personally i see Toby's best chances being with you.
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

IMO, it really doesnt matter what Kirk wants or likes. it's about the wishes of what RiverRat wanted for Toby and IMO, the welfare of Toby is an important issue. if Toby is an older dog, his chances for being adopted out ae not good if he goes to an animal shelter. his best cahnces are being with you and you findinga person or family that he will fit in with. and besides, it's Riverrat's money that he set aside for Toby to be placed with you.

Winds, i'm rooting and praying for you and Toby and hope this works out. personally i see Toby's best chances being with you.
I have to agree! I spoke with Ms. Lopez this afternoon(President of Arizona Cattle dog rescue) and they will assist if needed. One of their "retired" members will Drive to vegas to "supervise" the 1st phase of toby's transport if need be...when we suggested a possible "Relay" they said they try avoiding that except in extreme situations because sometimes the stress of the flight becomes too much for some dogs( My first Bulldog MO(shlomo) passed after 4.5 yrs. because we flew he from NY to Arizona on the puppie plane-He was fine but the change in his venue was too much for his Heart. one morning we woke up and he has "crossed the rainbow bridge" in the middle of the night from a coronary.....)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Sorry - just getting caught up in this thread. Didn't know the RiverRat on the boards here, but sorry to hear of his passing.

Winds - I have a couple of friends in Vegas. If this doesn't work out, let me know and I can see if either of them are interested in taking him, or know someone that would be. Just post or PM me some info on him and a picture if available.

Big kudo's to you for everything you are doing. I think we all wish we had a friend as good as you.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #78
FTF_ADMIN.png

Okay. I am still struggling with getting Toby shipped to me. Here's the newest glitch. Kirk pulled money out of River Rat's checking account and could only secure $410. It will cost more than that to ship Toby plus Kirk has to buy an air regulation crate for Toby.

I asked permission from the admin to do this before I went ahead and did this.

I am asking anyone who feels so compelled to donate to this cause. Normally, I am not very strapped for money but a generous gift to my son at his wedding reception, having a good time while Balota was visiting and trying desperately to save for my property taxes has left me a little tight with money temporarily.

If you feel you would like to donate to Toby's cause, please PM me. The easiest way would be PayPal but I know some of you do not subscribe to PayPal. In that case, we can work something out but I need to get this dog shipped soon. It's not really easy working with Kirk. His heart isn't in it like mine is and I think I'm annoying the crap out of him. I get the impression Kirk would rather just bring Toby to the shelter and be done with it all. I need to get Toby ASAP or I think he will be lost to the shelter.

I thank in advance anyone who desires to help. I am even willing to pay back any money sent for this cause within a couple months. And I will not accept any more money than what I need to get Toby to me.

I am still saddened by the last email River Rat sent to me. It absolutely broke my heart and I didn't read it until after RR had passed. I feel so guilty for not answering that email. I forwarded that email to Tri70 and he knows the contents of that email. He said it was difficult to read. I feel strongly compelled to fulfill a dying man's last wish to me. I can't tell you what a humble, kind, good man River Rat was.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-05-2013 at 03:31 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #79
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
I think we all wish we had a friend as good as you.
You do. Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat - The Club House
tri70 Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67
Sorry - just getting caught up in this thread. Didn't know the RiverRat on the boards here, but sorry to hear of his passing.

Winds - I have a couple of friends in Vegas. If this doesn't work out, let me know and I can see if either of them are interested in taking him, or know someone that would be. Just post or PM me some info on him and a picture if available.

Big kudo's to you for everything you are doing. I think we all wish we had a friend as good as you.
I think we all feel that way! Thx winds for saving (trying to) this dog from an un-happy life...we will donate!

People Like This