Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #121
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7178 Times on 4320 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Depending on the day and time, I'm in and out of O'Hare on a regular basis. I'm in Lake Co so I could also meet you there and drive out to your place if I'm in town. I have more than enough room for the crate. I own a Newf! Let me know when the time comes.
I'll keep that in mind. My daughter's girlfriend has an old Suburban that belonged to HER Vietnam Veteran father who died in his mid 50's several years ago. She also owns a little Chihuahua that she had flown in from a breeder in Texas. I talked to her today and she was sympathetic to this cause and will very likely be able to drive me to the airport and pick up Toby. The weather is coollng off here. I am shooting for next Wednesday or Thursday as that is the beginning of my 6 days off and I'll be able to spend time getting to know Toby. I believe Toby will be coming into Midway airport, actually. At least that's what I'm hoping. Though I do believe the Delta terminal is one of the first ones in O'hare I think Midway will be less hectic. I think Toby's journey will be over soon........I hope, I hope, I hope.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #122
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3192 Times on 2172 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt

Gator has that "c'mon Dad let's go do something" look in his eyes.
Because he was Waiting like a good Bulldog for his Blue Buffalo Chicken & Pear Treats!(he also Like Lamb & Apple, Beef & Potato, Kong Broth Ice Cubes, Pedigree Denta-Stix(1 Per Day) and "Pupcorn"!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #123
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10785

Good Lord! I don't know why I didn't read this thread earlier!

I am sorry to hear of RiverRat's passing, sounds like he is in a better place now though.

Winds, you are a Goddess! I am in awe of you. PM sent.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #124
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I don't know what user name goes to whose real name but I received a check yesterday from the member who lives at P.O. Box 492. (I don't want to reveal any names.) I cashed it today and put it in Toby's Paypal fund. Thank you so much.

I also received a cash donation today from a member who lives on S. Wright. It, too, will be deposited and transferred to Toby's PayPal account. A big thank you to you, too.

No need to sing any praises for me, folks. I know you all would do the same thing if called upon. And without the support, donations and financial help from so many of you, I would find it difficult to fulfill Riverrat's wishes. He was a very humble, honourable and likeable man who served our country in one of the ****tiest wars this country has ever embarked upon. I know not one of you would have turned your back on Riverrat or Toby.

I will let you all know how much of your money I had to spend getting Toby shipped to me. I will also let you all know what I do with any money I might have left over after Kirk kicks in Riverrat's share. With any money left over I will buy Toby a bed, bowls, new tags, food, treats, toys, etc. And if there is still money left over, it will go to whoever gives Toby a permanent and loving home to help get them started with Toby. I just want this dog to live out the rest of his days in love and comfort like he would have gotten had Riverrat outlived Toby.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I don't know what user name goes to whose real name but I received a check yesterday from the member who lives at P.O. Box 492. (I don't want to reveal any names.) I cashed it today and put it in Toby's Paypal fund. Thank you so much.

I also received a cash donation today from a member who lives on S. Wright. It, too, will be deposited and transferred to Toby's PayPal account. A big thank you to you, too.

No need to sing any praises for me, folks. I know you all would do the same thing if called upon. And without the support, donations and financial help from so many of you, I would find it difficult to fulfill Riverrat's wishes. He was a very humble, honourable and likeable man who served our country in one of the ****tiest wars this country has ever embarked upon. I know not one of you would have turned your back on Riverrat or Toby.

I will let you all know how much of your money I had to spend getting Toby shipped to me. I will also let you all know what I do with any money I might have left over after Kirk kicks in Riverrat's share. With any money left over I will buy Toby a bed, bowls, new tags, food, treats, toys, etc. And if there is still money left over, it will go to whoever gives Toby a permanent and loving home to help get them started with Toby. I just want this dog to live out the rest of his days in love and comfort like he would have gotten had Riverrat outlived Toby.
Winds-Thanks again for undertaking this and for your efforts in general. I hope it all works out. Gator Went shopping with us after his grooming appt. on Tuesday and Picked out two bags of Blue Buffalo Treats & a Ball for Toby, Plus we told Toby's Story to the good folks who Run his Pet food shop( Olsen's Grain & Pet supply-5 location in N.Az.) and MIKE the Day manager also Included an Extra Toy for Toby compliments of Olsen's!!!(and gave GATOR treats from his hand for being a Good Bully Boy and helping out another Dog in Distress.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
My Katie's got some extra toys laying around.

I'm sure she'd be happy to donate some of them!

(Please say yes, I'm up to my kneecaps in dog toys...sure, they're fun, but she slobbers all over them...yukk!!)
Very cute Girl Vincent, but what Guitar is that in the corner? ( it looks like my 25+ yr. old Carvin Koa Wood Solid body)

Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #127

Liked 2472 Times on 1605 Posts

My wife bought my kid some self adhesive letters, this is the only time she's used them.

forumrunner_20130712_234737.jpg  

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #128

Liked 711 Times on 554 Posts

time to mourn.
time to reflect.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #129

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Very cute Girl Vincent, but what Guitar is that in the corner? ( it looks like my 25+ yr. old Carvin Koa Wood Solid body)
Katie says thanks!!

Good eye Doc, it is a solid body but it's an Ibanez gax70...

Bought it on the cheap when I first started playing

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #130
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Okay, I'm aiming to have Toby fly next Sunday. The high temp that day here will be 80 degrees. Perfect flying weather for him.

I am calling Kirk when I get home from work today and getting the ball rolling. I have my daughter's friend drive me with her Suburban. The money situation is good (thanks to so many of you).

I'll keep you all posted. I'm getting excited. Toby will have his own thread here once I receive him. The first picture of him will be him in his crate at the airport.

Things have finally all fallen together. It's been a month since Riverrat has been gone.

People Like This