Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flava Flav Takes on the Colonel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Flava Flav Takes on the Colonel.

Flavor Flav to open Flav's Fried Chicken

Posted 1 hour, 37 minutes ago by Corinne Heller

Flavor Flav, a rapper and star of the dating reality series "Flavor of Love," is set to open a fried chicken eatery in Clinton, Iowa on Monday.

The 51-year-old, whose real name is William Drayton Jr., hopes to open hundreds of fried chicken joints called Flav's Fried Chicken, or FFC, that could compete with KFC. Flavor Flav graduated from cooking school in 1978 and worked as a head cook in several restaurants.

"You're going to find me in here working," Flavor Flav told the Clinton Herald newspaper. "You're going to be catching me seasoning my chicken, flouring my chicken, frying up my chicken, and not only that, but serving my chicken to my people. The taste will blow up your taste buds. You'll have fireworks in there."

Flavor Flav, who is known for sporting a clock around his neck and who has been the subject of a Comedy Central Roast, has also been keeping busy with his autobiography, "Flavor Flav: The Icon." The book is set for release in the late spring.

Check out a video of Flavor Flav discussing his rivalry with KFC's Colonel Sanders below.

Flavor Flav to open Flav's Fried Chicken eatery in Iowa - January 24, 2011 10:18:13 AM PST | Entertainment News from OnTheRedCarpet.com

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Something tells me his employees would catch a LOT of grief for being late coming in.

The noise, the funk, and the chicken, he brings them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Flavor Flav looks like a burnt cat.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

It ain't racist if the stereotypes are true.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nothin racist about it, the man looks like a burnt cat. Look at him! Bet he burns the chicken too.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

I'm not certain what to think. I just hope he doesn't use the flava taste... its not like kfc is any good or even edible anymore so the flav doesn't have a very high hurdle.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I bet it's the best chicken ever.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I was meaning the fried chicken and ethnicity stereotype.

Judging by his taste in women, I can only image what the Brigitte Nielsen flavor taste like.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Clinton is about 25 miles up river from us. It's made quite the splash in the local news. I suppose I'll have to go try it sometime... maybe.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA