Flashpoint - TV Series

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flashpoint - TV Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Flashpoint - TV Series

Ah Man - I have been REALLY trying to give this show a chance. The first episode had a police sniper, who wasn't sure he did the right thing, killing a subject in front of his son. I am into the fourth, or maybe fifth, week of the show. DVR'd it last night, watching it today. The "sniper"

Quote:
"has the solution"
and "spoiler" ...

ends up taking the shot with his bolt handle in the up position and his face WAY too close to the scope. Scope bite anyone????

They have done a decent job, humanizing the SRT Team, but really, they look like a bunch of clowns playing SWAT team guys...

Anyone else watched this show and have any thoughts?

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #2

Couldn't agree more.....firing a shot with the bolt up.....reality based it is not and very poor technical people !

Tactics are pure hollywood ! Entertainment...maybee

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #3

Where's Jericho when you need it ?

O I forgot in the trash where CBS put it so we could watch SWAT clowns wring their hands and cry over every decision they have to make every episode over and over and over again .

They'll probably declare this crap a HIT and keep it going for years "after all all of the members are in touch with their feminine side apparently" .

Next season we'll prob find out half of them are gay and making out between calls .

Personally I thought Raines was far more entertaining .

Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Glad to see I am not the only one that seen the Shot with the bolt handle up and the dude right up on the scope.

Did anyone else notice that in the first episode that the "Sniper Rifle" changed from a Remington 700 (Dillinger's Favorite rifle) to a Savage Model 12 back to a 700 and back to the savage then back to a Remington?

This is supposed to be based on the Toronto SRU.

Last edited by cpttango30; 08-10-2008 at 04:54 AM.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #5

^ You're right Cpt - They changed out the weapon a couple of times.

I am all for a good cop show, or a military show, but it needs to be done right. This show is just a mistake and needs to be put down before we get anymore First Season wonders on here wondering about the best 1500 yard sniper rifles and the best door breaching charges.

So far, I have to say the best program on TV for this genre is The Unit. And that is merely because they have the express services of one of the truly great plank holders from the original Delta Force as assembled by Charlie Beckwith in Eric Lee Haney.

Anyone read his book? Inside Delta Force. Definitely a good read.

JD

Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

If you have HBO I would strongly recommend watching Generation Kill. It is a good show. Lots of poop humor though. But still a very good show.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If you have HBO I would strongly recommend watching Generation Kill. It is a good show. Lots of poop humor though. But still a very good show.
Hadn't heard of it, but just did some reading up on it and it sounds interesting. I am holding off on re-adding HBO until they get more than one show I want to see on it though. I got showtime now because Dexter is coming back on in like Sept. and they have MMA shows on at least once a month.

Thanks for the intel Cpt -

JD

Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #8

So, I continue to watch this show, and God knows why. Each week I am assaulted with yet ANOTHER stupid decision.

This week I was watching the episode "Never Kissed a Girl"

Hostage situation, limited sight line, Blah, blah, blah.

The sniper is the kid of the team, the same guy who a few weeks ago was going to take "The Shot" with the bolt handle UP.

So, this week the kid is in a window, one or two stories up, across the street. He can't see the situation because of frosted windows, so he switches to thermal. Since he can't see the subject, his "spotter" comes up with this fantastic plan.

The Spotter is going to shot the glass, a split second, before the sniper takes the shot once the Green Light is given. He in lies the rub...

The spotter is armed with an MP-5. The shot is down angle, across a City street. Conservatively, 15 feet per lane of traffic, plus 15 feet per lane of parking. That's 60 feet, with ( 2 ) 10-foot sidewalks.

Angles aside, this guy is going to use an MP-5, across at least one wind pattern, to break the glass of a frosted glass window a split second prior to a sniper taking a shot.

Okay. Maybe. The guy is part of an elite unit. It's possible.

Except for one little problem. The sniper is on the right side of the window, braced across the threshold, silhouetted like a Mo-Fo, and the spotter, with his basic MP-5 is on HIS LEFT.

So, how is the sniper going to respond when the hot brass from the MP-5 is raining down on him and his weapon prior to taking the most important shot of the day???

JD

Old 09-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you haven't bothered to check it out yet, I highly recommend The Unit I watched them all on surfthechannel.com All for free, baby!

Old 09-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
So far, I have to say the best program on TV for this genre is The Unit. And that is merely because they have the express services of one of the truly great plank holders from the original Delta Force as assembled by Charlie Beckwith in Eric Lee Haney.

Anyone read his book? Inside Delta Force. Definitely a good read.

JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
If you haven't bothered to check it out yet, I highly recommend The Unit I watched them all on surfthechannel.com All for free, baby!
Done. And Done. I suggest you pick up the book by Eric Lee Haney if you enjoy the series. Definitely a good read.

JD