Flags Burned on Memorial Day! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Flags Burned on Memorial Day!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Disgraceful and unpatriotic!! This behavior is not vandalism or a prank, it is an attack on our country, a violation of everything I hold sacred.

I hope the cops catch these little pukes and give them 6 month of community service at the nearest veterans hospital.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #12

I sure wish i could have caught them.... But then we a would both be in jail

Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfireart View Post
I sure wish i could have caught them.... But then we a would both be in jail
Well you would probably be on trial, I presume they would be listed as "missing and presumed" if done correctly.

JD

Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #14

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I agree that it looks to be the work of kids. If that is the case the truth will come out at some point. Kids love to have people marvel at their..."work"

Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 483 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I think of people who would do such a thing as an enemy. When the Flag is in the hands of the enemy it is just a rag.

May sound harsh, but that is how I was trained.

Now, if they tried to take the Flag from me and do it, there would be a problem.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

even other people who do it as a mean of protest shouldnt be allowed to do so.
they way i look at it, is the american flag represents the armed forces, the law enforcement personnel, govt officials, and much much more.
First off, the armed forces...many have died fighting for those stars and stripes, and all the freedom we are blessed with today. If it werent for them people wouldnt have free speech and others liberties.
Your not burning the flag to protest, your disrespecting the very people who gave you those rights.

If I had it my way, if you burn the American flag, you should be tried and hung for treason!

Flag Etiquette
also who thinks this is BS?
mexicanus.jpg  

Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If any other flag is on the same pole as the US flag here in america, the US flag is at the top. ALWAYS!
All other national flags are to be equal in height.
All other state flags are to be lower than the US flag, the only exception being the Texas flag, which can fly as high as the US flag.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It sickens me that someone could do that to our nations symbol. I pray that the one/ones are cought and at least have a fine that would take 2 years to pay or jail time. (but they will probably get a slap on the wrist)
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #19

Likes Given: 2

I have no repsect for whoever did this. I feel though, that while they can burn all of the cloth they want, they will never destroy what Our Flag stands for.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Seems to be the work of Teenagers. Only they seem to lack the respect and are up that late.
This I have to agree with. I know several youth who would probably be willing to burn the flag for a good joke. They get a kick out of the anger that people display, that is why they are such ass holes.
Personally, I hate people like this. I spend more time at FTF because forums with people around my age are full of idiots. One dude said this to me, "Savior (which I hate being called savior.... because Jesus is a savior, not me) is a republican conservative who is a gun actavist and like the Confederate states of America, which means he is also a racist."
I am literally scared to think of what will become of this nation after you all die. People need to be taught honor, dignity, respect and pride for ones country.

I unfortunetly only have one flag. It is a little one stapled to a stick. I got it when my family went to see Bush when he was running for reelection. So I stuck it out on the mail box on Monday. If I would have seen someone try and burn that flag, or any American flag out of disrespect, I would probably lose it on them.

Their actions have me very worked up, and I was about to go to bad. In other words, looks like I am going to lose some sleep. -_-

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 06-02-2010 at 06:20 AM.