FL private sale?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FL private sale?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FL private sale?

I have a question that I just cannot find the answer to no matter how much searching. I guess the short of it is Do you have to be a Florida resident to buy a handgun from a Florida resident in a private sale?
Nowww....if you want the long story go ahead and read below.
My husband is an active duty Marine and we have orders to Cali. He has essentially traded one desert for another.
Gues who (me) goofed around and forgot to go get the permit for NC until about a week ago and it is not back yet?!?! Sooo, another active duty Marine has a pistol that he bought in Florida (his home of record) that he has offered to sell to me. But in NC you have to have the permit even for a private party sale. That is where my question comes in I guess.
My other option is that my husbands home of record is Texas and we will be going through there on our way to 29 palms (yeah, look it up. Its a wasteland, lol). I haven't looked up the Tx laws yet...haven't gotten that far and before anyones asks...he was deployed and didn't want to bother going through his command and getting a letter signed all the way up the chain of command since it is gonna be my gun anyway. I have looked into the CA laws some and I know I can't have the extended mag.
Oh, I guess I should stop...longwinded...whewww...
Beka

Marines come in two sizes, Dobermans and Rottweillers. Skinny and mean and big and mean!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here