Fixing Death Row: Not a joke or forum game - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fixing Death Row: Not a joke or forum game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, if we are going to talk about Junk Science, there is no greater case than that of Andrei Chikatilo.

Citizen "X" was an excellent story on HBO telling of his crimes. There was a "scientist" in the Soviet run DNA testing facility that originally cleared Chikatilo when he was first caught based on DNA evidence. When he was caught the second time, and retested, the scientist claimed that Chikatilo was not discovered the first time because his semen (in evidence from previous bodies) was of one DNA type and his blood tests were of another.

But, I agree. With DNA, when the result is one in 100 Billion, in some cases, there is NO REASON to delay the death sentence.

I like the ideas, and balance, of our members on this issue. Proving once again why we should get some FTF members into politics. If only they could stand to be around that much scum and slime without going to the weapons closet.

JD