Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   First Toy Firearm (

Benning Boy 06-24-2009 02:12 AM

First Toy Firearm
What was it?

Was it the original 50 shot hi-cap cap gun?

One of those revolvers with the plastic 8 shot cap ring?

Authentic squirt gun?

Do not post if yours had a blaze orange barrel plug.

Franciscomv 06-24-2009 03:39 AM

My first toy guns where a cap revolver similar to a Colt single action with white grips and a replica of an Ithaca 37 that shot corks. I loved that shotgun! My grandfather had bought a bunch of them when I was born, so I had enough to last my whole childhood.

My mother used to hate my toy guns, she was a rabid anti-gun lefty until recently (she's still a radical leftist but she's not anti-gun anymore).

subie-jeep 06-24-2009 03:54 AM

first one was uhhh......either one of those cap guns that used the paper rolls or a squirt's been awhile and i had a ton of them so i don't remember.

feedsasquatch 06-24-2009 03:56 AM

Rubber band gun. I think it could fit some 20 rubber bands on it...

Benning Boy 06-24-2009 03:58 AM

I had a flintlock, came with the rod and cork musket balls, you tore off one cap at a time.

My father had the real deal, and I tried jamming a bunch of caps down the barrel for a powder charge, put the cork ball on top, but no hole for the ignition to take place.

Yeah, even then, I was lookin for trouble.:)

mrm14 06-24-2009 04:31 AM

Probably a squirt gun.

Were any of you kids around the mid 1960' when Mattel came out with their toy M-16 ?

What about Mattels sonic bazooka and pistol about in the same years?

They took the toy M-16 off the market within a couple of years of it's release

They took the sonic air guns off the market in about the same time frame due to kids blowing their ear drums out.

The sonic air bazooka was alot of fun.

p11shooter 06-24-2009 04:35 AM

Orange Barrel Things
Crap! Mine was all orange does that count? hehe:eek:

Ubergopher 06-24-2009 04:36 AM

I had a cap gun, I also had one of those lever action rifles (Winchester I think) that'd fire when you pulled the trigger after charging it.

I also remember sitting up on the stairs in the prone position shooting at the Indians or Mexicans when I'd watch the Disney movies about Davey Crockett.

AsmelEduardo 06-24-2009 04:51 AM

Pot metal toy gun....
My first toy gun was one of those cap guns that used a paper rolls ....I pass it to my younger brother, I loved it :rolleyes:

Benning Boy 06-24-2009 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by p11shooter (Post 121010)
Crap! Mine was all orange does that count? hehe:eek:

Kel tecs come in orange now?

Just kidding.

I vaguely recall the bazooka, cool as hell.