Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   First gun show (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/first-gun-show-80517/)

dalefan88 01-06-2013 04:32 PM

First gun show

Just went to my first gun show. What a joke. The prices were the same if you went to a lgs or a place like mcsports. There was a 10/22 there for $200 missing the mag. I can go to mcsports and get a new one for $240.

Chainfire 01-06-2013 04:38 PM

Your first show was not during "normal times." It is a seller's market, they have no incentive to make "deals" when they can sell everything at premium prices. A good show, in normal times will produce some bargains.

Hang in there!

Kai 01-06-2013 04:44 PM

Gun shows aren't flea markets or yard sales.
Generally sellers know exactly what their stock is worth and what they can expect to get for it...especially in the internets world of sales, info, etc.
If the price is less than what it should be you need to be very careful of what you're buying...it it's too good to be true it's probably because you're about to be screwed.

Considering the gun hysteria right now I'd not be surprised at any price I'd see. This is the worst time for a gun hobbyist to be buying anything that may be on a banned list.

nitestalker 01-06-2013 04:44 PM

Liberal Mayors in North Carolina and other states are in the newa this morning. Mayors with antigun agendas are moving to close gun shows down in their cities.
Gun show are not just about selling guns. Gun owners meet all over the Nation every week at Gun Shows. New members are signed up to Gun Clubs the NRA, GOA etc. The Left Wing has a total plan for proceeding with national gun control. The Gun shows will no longer be a problem in many areas. Just another freedom lost.:(

Chainfire 01-06-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1082649)
Liberal Mayors in North Carolina and other states are in the newa this morning. Mayors with antigun agendas are moving to close gun shows down in their cities.
Gun show are not just about selling guns. Gun owners meet all over the Nation every week at Gun Shows. New members are signed up to Gun Clubs the NRA, GOA etc. The Left Wing has a total plan for proceeding with national gun control. The Gun shows will no longer be a problem in many areas. Just another freedom lost.:(

Mayors are much more connected to "grass roots" efforts than are state and national politicians. The can easily be held responsible for their actions.

nitestalker 01-06-2013 05:03 PM

What are you saying Chain? Mayors have the right to only represent the antigun crowd. I can assure you more people go to gun show than attend City Council meetings.:(

racer_x 01-06-2013 05:04 PM

The parking lots seem to hold the best deals. Were I tend to find the folks that have no idea what theve got.

nitestalker 01-06-2013 05:07 PM

Parking lots are the main hunting grounds for BATF agents at gun shows. Just make sure you follow the laws. And I hope you know the guy who opens his trunk for gun sales.:eek:

racer_x 01-06-2013 05:22 PM

Ive never hade one open a trunk with #s of them Id walk away fast if they did. Its the guy walking in with 1 or 2 in his hands. I get all the ser#s checked.Had a bad experience once.

JSStryker 01-06-2013 05:28 PM

In "Normal" times I've found dealers at gun shows are far more willing to haggle on prices than your LGS especially on Sunday if it was a slow weekend but as was said these aren't "normal" times so they are less willing to haggle.