Fireworks - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fireworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!
BKT, sounds like a good time! Enjoy your trip and stay safe!

Jersey is fireworkd dry, gotta go outa state to buy.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #12

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/sany0360v.jpg/
http://img248.imageshack.us/i/sany0361.jpg/
http://img52.imageshack.us/i/sany0365.jpg/

Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!
But Pennsylvania residents can go to Ohio and buy all the fireworks they want and transport them legally back into PA. Not that I would condone that type of behavior

John Adams 1776 on Independence Day "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations (fireworks), from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I can not have fireworks neither so I am gonna take my daughter downtown where they shoot them off of the USS North Carolina. It is really nice and fun oh and beautiful right on the waterfront.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 07-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
John Adams 1776 on Independence Day "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations (fireworks), from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."
agreed, besides that do have the right to pursue happiness.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:25 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Here in Ohio, we can buy all the fireworks we want...from little inocuous stuff to some big mortar stuff. The hitch is that you have to sign a piece of paper stating that you are taking the stuff out of state, and you have to name the state. (Gate, we always say PA) Some places ask for ID and they photocopy your ID on the paper. Stupid, just plain stupid. It is illegal to set them off in Ohio, but you can buy all you want...

I can understand pyrotecnics being illegal in high wildfire areas, as that poses a huge risk to human life that is immediate and long term.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

We set off a rather big fire that took 9 trucks and 3 dozers to contain at Ft. Hoot **Whistling looking around***

Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #18

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I did not realize so many other states had such stiff fireworks restrictions. Bummerooni.

In CA it is a "county by county" thing. But LA has some pretty sensitive sensors that nail down locations pretty fast.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians.
This is crazy, but there is way to buy in PA if you live in PA. If you can get a city(or town, village, borough, municipality) official to sign a form saying the fireworks are for legal purposes, or something like that, then you can buy.

I know a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy that lives next door to a small town mayor. I'm just sayin'

Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Hell here in Oregon they are nazi's with fireworks. Dive an hour and a half to two hours up to Tokeland Indian Res and you get all the big boomers, firecracker, nipser daisies, hoosker doos and hoosker dont's, (with or without the scooter stick), whistling bungholes, and kitty chasers. You name it they sell it.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.