Fireworks
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fireworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Fireworks

Went down to MO with aunt and bought some fun works today. Spent about $18 on small ones (crackle bombs, tanks, shogun ball) and picked up some small cakes. Might post a few pics later.

So any one else got some big bangs saved up?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wish. Az tends to be uber anti-fireworks

Old 07-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
I wish. Az tends to be uber anti-fireworks
same with iowa. surprised the AZ would be anti fireworks, can't you buy dissembled m16s there? If all else fails take some black powder, wick, and ping pong balls and make some cherry bombs lol.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harland View Post
same with iowa. surprised the AZ would be anti fireworks, can't you buy dissembled m16s there? If all else fails take some black powder, wick, and ping pong balls and make some cherry bombs lol.
I know... Doesn't make sense to me either.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #6

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!
There are fireworks stands 20 feet across the border in PA and they ID you if you want to buy to verify you are an out of state resident. I'm surprised MD doesn't do the same in reverse to PA.

I think snakes are about all that is legal in MD anymore, sparklers are not even legal. But I can go buy a large container of black powder at Bass Pro shops no questions asked, that makes perfect sense????

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #7

Likes Given: 2

Here in GA they have a grading system. They can't sell firecrackers at all. After that, they cannot sell or shoot off anything graded "4" or above in either display or height (don't quote me on that but you get the picture). Bottle rockets are consider a grade 4 in height if that gives a perspective. So we will get some little stuff and take part in the festivities in the area.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here in CO anything that leaves the ground is illegal I believe that doesn't stop people from making the short drive to the Wyoming border and buying a ton of "illegal" fireworks. Literally as soon as you cross the border you see a lot of fireworks businesses.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A lot of my work this weekend will be dealing with "illegal fireworks." We have a town ordinance against them and the Chief is very adamant that we enforce it.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

What ever you want you can get it here in VA. We can get the big 8" mortars down to black cats and m-80's.....