Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Fireworks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/fireworks-28912/)

Harland 07-02-2010 12:55 AM

Fireworks

Went down to MO with aunt and bought some fun works today. Spent about $18 on small ones (crackle bombs, tanks, shogun ball) and picked up some small cakes. Might post a few pics later.

So any one else got some big bangs saved up?

Jynx 07-02-2010 12:58 AM

I wish. Az tends to be uber anti-fireworks :(

Harland 07-02-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jynx (Post 308964)
I wish. Az tends to be uber anti-fireworks :(

same with iowa. surprised the AZ would be anti fireworks, can't you buy dissembled m16s there? If all else fails take some black powder, wick, and ping pong balls and make some cherry bombs lol.

bkt 07-02-2010 01:32 AM

New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!

Jynx 07-02-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harland (Post 308965)
same with iowa. surprised the AZ would be anti fireworks, can't you buy dissembled m16s there? If all else fails take some black powder, wick, and ping pong balls and make some cherry bombs lol.

I know... Doesn't make sense to me either.

Yunus 07-02-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 308977)
New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!

There are fireworks stands 20 feet across the border in PA and they ID you if you want to buy to verify you are an out of state resident. I'm surprised MD doesn't do the same in reverse to PA.

I think snakes are about all that is legal in MD anymore, sparklers are not even legal. But I can go buy a large container of black powder at Bass Pro shops no questions asked, that makes perfect sense????

bigbad-ratman 07-02-2010 02:39 AM

Here in GA they have a grading system. They can't sell firecrackers at all. After that, they cannot sell or shoot off anything graded "4" or above in either display or height (don't quote me on that but you get the picture). Bottle rockets are consider a grade 4 in height if that gives a perspective. So we will get some little stuff and take part in the festivities in the area.

2hot2handle 07-02-2010 02:47 AM

Here in CO anything that leaves the ground is illegal I believe :rolleyes: that doesn't stop people from making the short drive to the Wyoming border and buying a ton of "illegal" fireworks. Literally as soon as you cross the border you see a lot of fireworks businesses.

Glasshartt 07-02-2010 02:58 AM

A lot of my work this weekend will be dealing with "illegal fireworks." We have a town ordinance against them and the Chief is very adamant that we enforce it.

cpttango30 07-02-2010 03:09 AM

What ever you want you can get it here in VA. We can get the big 8" mortars down to black cats and m-80's.....