Firearmstalk.com Gift Card Award
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Firearmstalk.com Gift Card Award

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Firearmstalk.com Gift Card Award

I just got a pop up saying that I was the October 7th Firearmstalk.com winner for Florida. For either a wal-mart card, best buy card, or Iphone. Im assuming this is bogus and a possible virus, but if it is real can you guys verify. (Im a very big skeptic of crap like this but free is free)

You Just Won $1000!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I can honestly say I have never seen such a thing here. Though I have all pop ups blocked I can't remember seeing one that like blocked. A Google search for the onlyspecialoffers web site shows that is is pretty annoying but is not a virus. But any unwanted pop up though is sometihng that you might want to deal with. Adding it to your browser or pop up blocker's black list might be a good thing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #3

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I don't trust any of that POP-UP crap.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #4

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes, Skullcrusher has volunteered to underwrite the first monthly FTF $1,000 certificate giveaway. He is a very generous man. Congratulations!

P.S. I wouldn't trust it if I were you. The FTF people have banded together often to support returning soldiers or other members in need, but I doubt the reserve could support such a "giveaway!"

Last edited by lonyaeger; 10-08-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=lonyaeger;365033]Yes, Skullcrusher has volunteered to underwrite the first monthly FTF $1,000 certificate giveaway. He is a very generous man. Congratulations!

hehehehahahahahehehe, skully's gonna be , hehehehahahahehehe

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 10-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Yes, Skullcrusher has volunteered to underwrite the first monthly FTF $1,000 certificate giveaway. He is a very generous man. Congratulations!

P.S. I wouldn't trust it if I were you. The FTF people have banded together often to support returning soldiers or other members in need, but I doubt the reserve could support such a "giveaway!"
WTF!?!?

Oh, wait...yea, I did. All you need to do is send me your bank account number, a signed blank check, at least 2 credit cards and your driver's license. You should receive the gift card in 4-28 weeks. Ignore any activity on your accounts.

Seriously, do not click on that pop up. If you won anything, you would be contacted via PM from the person holding a giveaway. We do quite a bit of that stuff in the Bunker.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Not us, looking into it.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I know of no current promotion that is being done by an outside vendor for our members in any sort of giveaway.

FTF does have giveaways between members all the time, but everyone is involved and they know they entered a drawing or giveaway contest.

As this is a pop up, I would tend to completely disregard it as another potential scammer.

JD