Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   firearms insurance (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/firearms-insurance-39341/)

mannparks 03-05-2011 06:44 PM

firearms insurance

any info or sugjestions on insurance for your firearms collection ?--charles

Jpyle 03-05-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannparks (Post 458118)
any info or sugjestions on insurance for your firearms collection ?--charles

Homeowners policy will cover value up to about $2,000 or so I believe. Beyond that I would check out the NRA website that offers additional coverage to members. If it is a true C&R type collection I would look to a carrier that specializes in that line of business, i.e. personal collections and valuable objects insurance.

BombDoc 03-05-2011 07:03 PM

My insurance company covers them. I had to submit all the info for a separate writer including estimated values. It costs about the same as renter's insurance.

JonM 03-05-2011 10:03 PM

my home owners insurance covers all mine even the few collectables i have. i submitted electronic pictures with serial numbers and the have no problem insuring them due to my gunsafe that is secure in the basement. they even cover my scopes. each individual item gunwise cant exceed 2k$ but nothing i have is more than that. the adjuster even dropped by to see my safe and collection for herself lol. she spent two hours fondling my gear.

BombDoc 03-05-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 458241)
my home owners insurance covers all mine even the few collectables i have. i submitted electronic pictures with serial numbers and the have no problem insuring them due to my gunsafe that is secure in the basement. they even cover my scopes. each individual item gunwise cant exceed 2k$ but nothing i have is more than that. the adjuster even dropped by to see my safe and collection for herself lol. she spent two hours fondling my gear.

Who do you insure through? I'm switching!

Jesse17 03-05-2011 10:41 PM

It's too easy for the government to nationalize insurance companies, and they're too much in bed with the gov. to begin with. I don't insure any of my guns for the simple reason that I don't even have a list of serial numbers for myself. When I'm making bulk purchases of ammo I make a list/inventory of my guns, then destroy it. I don't want anyone but me to know which guns I've stashed when the BATF bans them.

But don't pay any attention to me, I'm a right wing nut who clings to guns and religion;)

Durangokid 03-06-2011 01:22 AM

Too many gun owners have been shocked to find out insurance companies had turned their gun Info over to the local police. Insurance companies always want to cover their behinds. They run your numbers {BATF & FBI} to make sure they are not covering stolen or illegal firearms. Will they tell you, NO. What will happen some day the police may make a follow up on your home if your weapons match a crime use of a fire arm. Police and Fire Depts. have you in the data base. They will flag any calls to your home, as a possible danger to officers. Would I turn this Info over to an insurance company.:eek:

DK