Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Firearms Budget (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/firearms-budget-100844/)

JayCody 11-26-2013 11:10 PM

Firearms Budget

How many of you all have a budget for guns and ammo?

MoHawk 11-26-2013 11:12 PM

Most of us I'd guess. Money is always an issue. We have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Or did I misunderstand the question?

JayCody 11-26-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Most of us I'd guess. Money is always an issue. We have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Or did I misunderstand the question?

You got it right. I'm wondering if people just buy when they see
guns for a good price or if they have a set amount to spent for the year.

MoHawk 11-26-2013 11:30 PM

With me personally, I make ends meet. I have to plan, in advance. So, normally when a good deal comes my way, I am too poor to afford it. LOL.

purehavoc 11-26-2013 11:34 PM

I have my own fun money acct. From buying, selling, swapping , hand making stuff i can sell , etc. My money I earn at work pays bills, puts food on the table ,clothes on our backs and in the savings in case something happens down the road. Bonuses , I may make a small purchase of what ever ammo I need that's less than what I call a adequate amount but I don't go hog wild . Bonus time coming , I plan on about 1000 rds of each in .308 and , 7.62x39

danf_fl 11-26-2013 11:50 PM

Through my time, I have always paid the most important person first.
Who is that you ask? Why, ME, of course.
Every $5 bill is stashed away from the wife.
10% of every cent coming into our house goes to the savings account.

In managing my money, and curbing my wants to satisfy the needs first, I have established a (ahem) healthy "toy" budget.

Now, I do have kinfolk who give in to the "wants" and have to eke by for the "needs". ("Yeah, I need those headers for my car to get the .00001 second faster!")

Do I have a gun budget? I will never admit that in public. I have her convinced that I only keep 3 dollars in my wallet.

hawkguy 11-27-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCody (Post 1441579)
How many of you all have a budget for guns and ammo?

my budget system is simple.....

i tell my lovely wife i want a $1000 gun.....she would never tell me "NO" because i am a sex machine......

she will however tell me...."great, i know exactly what i would also like to spend $1000 on....."

i tell her i don't really need a new gun.......:p

i guess you'd call my system "checks and balances"....works FAR better than our government imo.....:D

kytowboater 11-27-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy
my budget system is simple..... i tell my lovely wife i want a $1000 gun.....she would never tell me "NO" because i am a sex machine...... she will however tell me...."great, i know exactly what i would also like to spend $1000 on....." i tell her i don't really need a new gun.......:p i guess you'd call my system "checks and balances"....works FAR better than our government imo.....:D

Same system I see!

gr8oldguy 11-27-2013 03:42 AM

I set a little bit of money aside on a regular basis. When I see something I just "can't live without" I buy it. Then I start saving again, it's a vicious cycle. I love it.

collegekid20 11-27-2013 04:18 AM

Been buying on a needs system since I'm poor. Needed a shotgun to hunt with so I got one for my tenth birthday. Moved to a dangerous apartment in college so I bought a pistol grip shotgun. When I could legally carry I saved up and took the alcohol money from said birthday and purchased a handgun to carry. Now I'm down to a handgun for carry, a shotgun for deer, duck, and dove season, and a bow for bow season. For ammo I either buy it when I have extra cash or save a box whenever my dad and i go shooting and he's gracious enough to pay for everything.