Firearms auctions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Firearms auctions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Firearms auctions?

Anybody do much buying at public firearms auctions?

http://www.mmaauction.com/auction-details.php?id=10
I had a postcard about this one today. They list a TON of what could be called "saturday night specials" and some other...budget brand pistols and revolvers, but they also had a decent-looking Russian SKS and a few nice-looking pistols. Not really sure about the "moison nagant" though; looked like it got cut down.

I am casually interested in this auction but might be more interested in future auctions when i have more money than bills.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9132 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

I buy on auction arms and gunbroker. Have bought ONE gun from an in person live auction in last 10 years. People seem to go nuts bidding at those. Saw a raggedy SMLE missing parts go for $525 at one.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #3

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Got my last side arm at auction. Watch what you buy. Edit: last rifle also

Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #4

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I buy on auction arms and gunbroker. Have bought ONE gun from an in person live auction in last 10 years. People seem to go nuts bidding at those. Saw a raggedy SMLE missing parts go for $525 at one.

I've bought a couple of guns at online auctions with reasonably good luck, most of the live firearms auctions I've gone to have had people paying way too much. I saw a Commando carbine (semi-auto Thompson lookalike) go for almost as much as a real Thompson, a well used Browning Auto in 7mm Rem Mag go for somewhere north of $1200, and a new semi-auto Charles Daly 12 ga go for more than a new Remington 1187 would at the LGS.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Love auctions people buy the hype. Get carried away and spend outrageously. Internet auctions seem more tame. I've not bought a firearm via auction. All IMHO.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.