Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Firearms and Airsoft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Firearms and Airsoft

Just curious if any here deals with airsoft at all. While waiting for my FFL I read an article on airsoft in Shotgun News and decided to make that a part of my business. The first one that arrived had me hooked and I now find myself on a team and excited to go to games as well. That aside though I see value in it for training as well.

I was able to to sell a bunch of Glock pistols to a SWAT unit that is being formed for their use in training. They feel and weigh the same and are extremely inexpensive to operate. That being said I am teaching my 6 year old daughter gun safety with and Airsoft M4 IN MY GARAGE.

I used to scoff at them and think they were dangerous due to the cheap cost and realism. I still agree. My wife is a police officer and I made an agreement with her that I would not sell the CHEAP stuff to anyone and not advertise the pistols. Neither her nor I want to put ANY police officer in a situation b/c some kid is a little slow on the uptake as to how serious LE is in those situations.

Any thoughts or nasty remarks?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Firearms and Airsoft?

Hello alll
RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I see Airsoft, Just as I do many other Airguns, as a Valuable Training Tool, not as a replacement for, but a great augment to firearms pratice? I see them as of the same size, weight and look of many on duty arms and if they help anyone to do more DRY FIRE type of shooting a, all the better? I see NO DOWN SIDE to folks getting more Pratice at all?

Should they be treated with the same respect and safety rules as FIREARMS! ABSOULTLY! If more did this, we'd have a lot less accidents and AD's on duty and off?

Just my .02 but thanks for bringing it up! Good topic!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You guys should correct me in this thread.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211

I like airsoft guns especially to introduce younger kids to firearms and firearms safety.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Unlike paintball where it's harder to guise. Is Airsoft mostly played on the honor system of getting hit?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 AM   #5

Honor is an absolute necesity. BUT at the same time don't fool yourself into thinking that you don't feel anything when hit. Its just hard to tell when it hits your equipment/vest and there is a lot of noise going on. If you get hit on your fleshy areas you will know. They do leave welts and sometimes break the skin. I got a burst right across the back of my thighs once and I was on my knees before I could reacte. Alls good though, its a bit harder to sneak up on me now

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

How did you get into? Are there any major airsoft community forums or websites about it?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 AM   #7

One of the big ones up here is www.airsoftpacific.com
A couple of team ones are
www.airsoftrecon.org (for the Marines)
http://www.thespetsnaz.com/ (the team I belong on)

All real firearm rules apply and I am sure to jump down someones throat when they mis handle their "toy".

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #8

we use the airsoft paintballs when we do are battles here

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Unlike paintball where it's harder to guise. Is Airsoft mostly played on the honor system of getting hit?