Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Firearm safe question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyeborn View Post
Do you have Costco stores around you the have them too
Thanks and yes I am even a member. This looks much better than the one in HF for not a lot much more.

Costco - Cannon Safe Security Products Safari Executive Safe

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1024 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I may be odd man out on this one, but given the types of guns i like (not high dollar) and my location (decent area, crime rate-wise), i don't think i really needed the gun safe i got. I would've been just fine with a large gun cabinet. There is one .22 rifle in there that is irreplaceable to me; it is the gun i got for christmas when i was six.

If you have a couple of revolvers, an SKS, a couple of shotguns, and some rimfires from your youth, will that really be your biggest concern in the event of a burglary? MAYBE, upgrading your insurance and getting a decent gun cabinet would be enough until your collection becomes larger or more enviable or the neighborhood goes downhill.
When I get my long term safe, fire protection will be of greater concern than security. Any safe over $500 will stop an intruder who just happens on a safe during a theft. The video of the guys breaking a safe in 30 seconds or whatever is real but those guys brought a few specific tools with them and they knew what they were doing, most criminals do not. I don't have a safe deposit box at a bank and important documents will be one of the main items I store in the safe. Right now I have those in a small fireproof box that will likely survive a housefire but could be cracked with a dremel tool.

The last concern will be looks, if I'm spending $2k on a safe I want it to look cool.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson