Finding time to shoot - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Finding time to shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

That is a good idea, Yunus. Still, she won't be able to stop thinking about the little one for a while, so expect phone calls and/or texts while she is out with her friends. A baby is a life and relationship changer like nothing else in the world. Just keep being a good husband and involved father, and things will come naturally. I firmly believe that new mothers feel more stress than new fathers (if that is actually possible). If you can swing it, buy her some time at a spa where she can get pampered a bit. Then play that into some range time for your own pampering. The worst thing the two of you can do is to forget your individuality and smother eachother and the baby. It is tough to do, but it is possible. Keep in mind that your wife comes first and foremost. It is easy to get lost in the realm of parenting. Never ever take your wife for granted as it is the love in your relationship that led to the parenthood. The baby does not care where the love and security comes from, so that is a constant. The relationship between you and your wife is not a constant.

(jeez, I sound like Dr. Spock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yunus I know it is hard but they are right about me time. It is hard but it is sooo worth it and you also need time together o.k. It will get better I promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 05-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #13

Liked 2389 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 1449

Kids are a lot of work. But there is no experience like the first time you take your kid to the range and they hit their first pop can. You will never forget it.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Just wait till the baby gets to be about 3.. Crawls up in bed in the middle of the night between you and your lady.. Next think you know, you get 4 knees in the back..hehe.. Cherish every moment ! They grow up quick..

Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Just wait till the baby gets to be about 3.. Crawls up in bed in the middle of the night between you and your lady.. Next think you know, you get 4 knees in the back..hehe.. Cherish every moment ! They grow up quick..
4 knee's to the back?? Hell I get one knee to the groin and thats all I get. You're lucky!
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry