Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Finally a viable presidential candidate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Finally a viable presidential candidate

Ron Paul, I've been looking at his views, He seems to be the only one who wants to keep America free, A true conservative take a look for yourself.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Mrs. Chester says he has no chance, If the good people will get behind him he can win, If the good people stand back and say he has no chance (vote for the popular candidate) then and only then he has no chance.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Last edited by Chester; 03-15-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

He isn't a viable candidate anymore. McCain has the required number of delegates to go on the ballot. Haven't you seen the news in the past 6 months?

Mad Max Rieske is still on the Libertarian ballot though, you might want to check out his views: http://www.madmaxforpresident.com/

Old 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Feel free to write in Ron Paul or anyone else you think is better-suited to hold the office than McCain or Clinton/Obama.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I voted to get Paul on the ballot as did most of the rest of my family. We all know how that turned out. I don't think a write in has ever won?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
He isn't a viable candidate anymore. McCain has the required number of delegates to go on the ballot. Haven't you seen the news in the past 6 months?

Mad Max Rieske is still on the Libertarian ballot though, you might want to check out his views: http://www.madmaxforpresident.com/

Sorry I didn't know

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #6

good point,BKt

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by fapprez View Post
I voted to get Paul on the ballot as did most of the rest of my family. We all know how that turned out. I don't think a write in has ever won?
It's not about voting for the "winner" but about voting according to your principles.

Too many people who call themselves conservatives will cast their vote, once again, for the lesser of two evils: John McCain. McCain is no conservative. As long as the electorate continues to compromise, we will get what we deserve.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." —John Quincy Adams

I resolved to never again vote for the lesser of two evils. Hopefully, others will do likewise.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ha, I never said I wasn't still going to vote for him, I simply stated that I don't think a write in has ever won. I can't believe that with all the die hard Paul fans, that he didn't "Make the Cut", for lack of a better phrase. I mean, I don't recall hardly a single news clip that didn't have "Google Ron Paul" in some form or another in the background

Old 03-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It's not about voting for the "winner" but about voting according to your principles.

Too many people who call themselves conservatives will cast their vote, once again, for the lesser of two evils: John McCain. McCain is no conservative. As long as the electorate continues to compromise, we will get what we deserve.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." —John Quincy Adams

I resolved to never again vote for the lesser of two evils. Hopefully, others will do likewise.
I've written in my dog before, because I thought he could do a better job than any of the other candidates.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

I agree 100% with you. It seems like all of the talk radio guys are encouraging "strategic" voting instead of principle based voting, it is a shame.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey