Finally told my parents.... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Finally told my parents....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
So my dad and I went to talk to the recruiter together yesterday so it could help ease my moms mind. After about 30 minutes of talking, I feel like I've decided on MOS 1371 depending on my ASVAB which I take Monday. I also found out my dad will be swearing me in on Tuesday, October 1st, which happens to be my 21st birthday. Happy birthday to me! Haha
what is an MOS 1371?

again huge congrats on your decision to enlist! and Happy Early Birthday!

Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #32

Liked 196 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Congratulations! I just swore into the army a couple of weeks ago. Meps isn't as bad as its made out to be but they aren't your friends either. Just don't say anything ambiguous and have clear answers that you already filled out in your paperwork.

And happy early birthday. Good luck.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #33

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
what is an MOS 1371? again huge congrats on your decision to enlist! and Happy Early Birthday!
Sorry! Should have specified. Its a combat engineer. And thank you!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #34

Congratulations. I just swore into the army a couple of weeks ago. Meps isn't as bad as people make it seem but they aren't your friends either. You just have to give them clear answers that jive with what you've already told them and you'll be fine. And don't act like a jackass while there. I doubt you will and I only say that because it's surprising how many people there acted like little kids. They couldn't follow the rules or keep quiet when they were told to shut up.

Again,congratulations and happy early birthday. Swearing in was a weird experience. It didn't really sink in until a little while after what it really meant, but it's exciting. And I'm fortunate enough to have a short wait time to ship. Good luck!
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
Congratulations. I just swore into the army a couple of weeks ago. Meps isn't as bad as people make it seem but they aren't your friends either. You just have to give them clear answers that jive with what you've already told them and you'll be fine. And don't act like a jackass while there. I doubt you will and I only say that because it's surprising how many people there acted like little kids. They couldn't follow the rules or keep quiet when they were told to shut up.

Again,congratulations and happy early birthday. Swearing in was a weird experience. It didn't really sink in until a little while after what it really meant, but it's exciting. And I'm fortunate enough to have a short wait time to ship. Good luck!
well congrats to you too Sbeezy for enlisting in the Army!

Old 09-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #36

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy
Congratulations. I just swore into the army a couple of weeks ago. Meps isn't as bad as people make it seem but they aren't your friends either. You just have to give them clear answers that jive with what you've already told them and you'll be fine. And don't act like a jackass while there. I doubt you will and I only say that because it's surprising how many people there acted like little kids. They couldn't follow the rules or keep quiet when they were told to shut up. Again,congratulations and happy early birthday. Swearing in was a weird experience. It didn't really sink in until a little while after what it really meant, but it's exciting. And I'm fortunate enough to have a short wait time to ship. Good luck!
Congrats! What MOS did you pick? What made you choose the Army? When do you ship?

Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Congrats! What MOS did you pick? What made you choose the Army? When do you ship?
Thank you. I picked human intelligence collector which is a long way of saying interrogator. I actually went to the marine corps first because I have 4 grandparents who were in the marine corps way back in the day, but I was permanently dq'd for a tattoo on my wrist. And I have a couple other tattoos, one of which would have needed a waiver for size. So I went to the army. Lol. But the more I learned about the army the better I felt even though it was my second choice.

I ship at the end of October. So not long. My wait time from the day I signed was only a month and a half, which is quick. My recruiters were even surprised. When I got my date my eyes were kind of wide because I was expecting a 4 month wait. Haha. But that just means less time anticipating what's coming.

I'm ready to do something with my life anyway, as I'm sure you are too since you're just 6 months younger than I am. Being 21 at home in your home town is depressing sometimes. And being unemployed makes it worse. Being employed part time minimum wage doesn't make it better. So I hope you don't have to wait long either. If you do it will just serve as more time to prepare I suppose.

Also I'm glad your parents are supportive of. Not like they can stop you, but they can make your life annoying. Lol. I remember when I was going to do the Marine Corps I just had a bunch of people telling me to go navy or go air force. It gets old.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

well congrats to you too Sbeezy for enlisting in the Army!
Thank you its feels good, for now. We'll see when I get off the bus.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 692 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I hope you have a wonderful military career. Thanks in advance for your service.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 328 Posts

This is what it's going to be like when you get off the bus.

image-2397472195.jpg

"I'm an A**hole"
People Like This