Film at 11:00
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Film at 11:00

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Film at 11:00

I've mentioned before on this forum that I don't own an AR-15, an AK-47, or any other gun that could be considered an "assault" or a "black" rifle. Likewise, with handguns the only pistols I own that could be considered tactical are my 1911's.

I do have two "riot" shotguns, a Mossberg and a Smith & Wesson, but they are pretty much stock, without the additions of folding stocks, laser sights, pistol grips, etc.

Now, the main reason I don't own any tacticool guns is that I don't especially care for 'em. They don't "sing" to me. I've noticed that during the past few years that, for whatever reason, I seem to be re-creating my father's gun collection. Older "classic" guns.

But, I have thought that the nature of my collection will also help if, god forbid, I ever have to use one for self defense. I think -- could be wrong-- that the average jury would tend to be less intrinsictly prejudiced towards, say, a lever action 30-30 than they would a tricked out AR-15.

It is a peeve of mind that whenever there are two or three guns found together, it is called an "arsenal". I know that the average person would find the number of firearms I own to be . . . numerous. However, hopefully the absence of "assault" (another term the media uses that just pisses me off) would hopefully allow me to present myself as the slightly eccentric collector (that I am) rather than one of those "survivalist nuts" (my apologies to all the survivalist nuts out there).

(I still want an MIA, though. It's a hunting rifle, right?)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 1638

M1A's are technically a varmint rifle, IMHO!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #3

Liked 173 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
M1A's are technically a varmint rifle, IMHO!
Yeah, for hunting baby blue headed UNk's.........lol

Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8872 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

If I am ever in a courtroom, and some crusading prosecutor is holding my shotgun in one hand and waving it over his head, I would like for my attorney to be able to say "Why is he waving my client's bird gun over his head?".

I live in the country. 11 of the 12 jurors will have one that looks like it around the house somewhere.

That is also why the ammo in my EDC handgun is the same as in the magazine in the pistol of the deputy standing baliff in the courtroom. If anyone asks me why I chose THAT cartridge, I plan to point to the Deputy, and say "Since the County buys it for him to use, and he is carrying it right now, I thought it would be a safe and effective choice."

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #5

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
I've mentioned before on this forum that I don't own an AR-15, an AK-47, or any other gun that could be considered an "assault" or a "black" rifle. Likewise, with handguns the only pistols I own that could be considered tactical are my 1911's.

I do have two "riot" shotguns, a Mossberg and a Smith & Wesson, but they are pretty much stock, without the additions of folding stocks, laser sights, pistol grips, etc.

Now, the main reason I don't own any tacticool guns is that I don't especially care for 'em. They don't "sing" to me. I've noticed that during the past few years that, for whatever reason, I seem to be re-creating my father's gun collection. Older "classic" guns.

But, I have thought that the nature of my collection will also help if, god forbid, I ever have to use one for self defense. I think -- could be wrong-- that the average jury would tend to be less intrinsictly prejudiced towards, say, a lever action 30-30 than they would a tricked out AR-15.

It is a peeve of mind that whenever there are two or three guns found together, it is called an "arsenal". I know that the average person would find the number of firearms I own to be . . . numerous. However, hopefully the absence of "assault" (another term the media uses that just pisses me off) would hopefully allow me to present myself as the slightly eccentric collector (that I am) rather than one of those "survivalist nuts" (my apologies to all the survivalist nuts out there).

(I still want an MIA, though. It's a hunting rifle, right?)
God forbid , They dont call them " Riot" shotguns any more. Don't you know they are known to the media as a AR15's ? I think the whole " Riot" shotgun has turned to the tactical name wether you like the name or not thats what most have turned to . Its a new status thats everyone wants and its making manufacturers money so they are running with it . You might as well buy a AR15 you already own a "Assault" shotgun you know

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 10-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #6

If I am ever in a courtroom, and some crusading prosecutor is holding my shotgun in one hand and waving it over his head, I would like for my attorney to be able to say "Why is he waving my client's bird gun over his head?".

Exactly.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
God forbid , They dont call them " Riot" shotguns any more. Don't you know they are known to the media as a AR15's ? I think the whole " Riot" shotgun has turned to the tactical name wether you like the name or not thats what most have turned to . Its a new status thats everyone wants and its making manufacturers money so they are running with it . You might as well buy a AR15 you already own a "Assault" shotgun you know
Heck, the media would probably call my sporterized Springfield 30-06 a "customized military rifle".
Old 10-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Possum,

I also have a collection of my family's guns including my Grandfathers which I prize very much. I also love the old nostalgic common design and beautiful old weapons. If only they could talk!!!! And the quality and craftsmanship was fantastic as a whole.

The sad thing is they want to start with the allegedly called assault rifles which are not actually assault rifles! But unfortunately it will not stop there! Next semi auto shotguns then semi pistols then guns in general! Their intent is to totally disarm the American citizens altogether! Citizens without weapons are subjects and that is their intention. Anyone who does not believe in this agenda has a severe case of the "Ostrich Syndrome"! (Head in the sand!) And fortunately I hope it will never come to that God forbid, because there will be a civil war when they attempt to enforce their agenda of any confiscation.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1664 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

My Personal Defense Firearms may look like "assault firearms", but I can assure you that the only thing they have assaulted was a piece of paper.

(and there is no way they could get out of the safe by themselves.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6135 Times on 3039 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

I gotta say, Grandads Model 11 Remington 12 gauge is a riot to fire and a son of a gun if your the one its being fired at!