Fighting Fit - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Fighting Fit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

Carbs don't give you the kind of bulk you want.

300 workout, Spartacus workout, Insanity, will give you lean muscle mass, but not a lot of bulk. Depends on if you just want to be big, or have a lot of high speed, and endurance strength. If you just want size, then cardio isn't a priority, protein and pushing a lot of weight is what you need.
Right now it's mostly just want to get big, functional strength is still a high priority but I mainly just want size. Up until this year I've never been able to sustain a weight above 135/140# and at 5'10" I always looked like a skinny dude. About a year later I'm hitting 165 on any given day, makes me a lot happier. I do need to find out what body fat percentage I am though.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #12

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Where, when, and how would a fanny-pack fit in to this routine?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter
While in the Navy I would Swim, swim and swim, then swin some more. It covers all the excersise you will need. Aboard ship, I worked out with free weights for all parts of the body.
Swimming is a the best all around workout! I used to swim in competition but I stopped and now can't hardly swim my old warm ups. Will be getting back to swimming on my off days.

What routines did you guys use for swimming?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Here's my workout and I drink a protein shake every morning of workout days and twice on rest. I too am trying to bulk up and have gained about 15 pounds in a little over 2 months and that's with slacking off some for a couple weeks
Looks like a solid routine, very similar to what I've been using.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

Prepare to be hardly able to wipe your own ass properly after that leg day at least in my case if I'd skip leg day that week I would come to regret it the next week.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #15

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper

Looks like a solid routine, very similar to what I've been using.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

Prepare to be hardly able to wipe your own ass properly after that leg day at least in my case if I'd skip leg day that week I would come to regret it the next week.
I stole all of my workout from that website haha I love it. Leg day on the other hand.... I'm about your size though. I was at 135# and 5'9" at the beginning of February and am now at 155# and am still going. I'd like to be at 165ish