Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fighting Fit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

Carbs don't give you the kind of bulk you want.

300 workout, Spartacus workout, Insanity, will give you lean muscle mass, but not a lot of bulk. Depends on if you just want to be big, or have a lot of high speed, and endurance strength. If you just want size, then cardio isn't a priority, protein and pushing a lot of weight is what you need.
Right now it's mostly just want to get big, functional strength is still a high priority but I mainly just want size. Up until this year I've never been able to sustain a weight above 135/140# and at 5'10" I always looked like a skinny dude. About a year later I'm hitting 165 on any given day, makes me a lot happier. I do need to find out what body fat percentage I am though.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #12

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Where, when, and how would a fanny-pack fit in to this routine?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter
While in the Navy I would Swim, swim and swim, then swin some more. It covers all the excersise you will need. Aboard ship, I worked out with free weights for all parts of the body.
Swimming is a the best all around workout! I used to swim in competition but I stopped and now can't hardly swim my old warm ups. Will be getting back to swimming on my off days.

What routines did you guys use for swimming?

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Here's my workout and I drink a protein shake every morning of workout days and twice on rest. I too am trying to bulk up and have gained about 15 pounds in a little over 2 months and that's with slacking off some for a couple weeks
Looks like a solid routine, very similar to what I've been using.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

Prepare to be hardly able to wipe your own ass properly after that leg day at least in my case if I'd skip leg day that week I would come to regret it the next week.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #15

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper

Looks like a solid routine, very similar to what I've been using.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

Prepare to be hardly able to wipe your own ass properly after that leg day at least in my case if I'd skip leg day that week I would come to regret it the next week.
I stole all of my workout from that website haha I love it. Leg day on the other hand.... I'm about your size though. I was at 135# and 5'9" at the beginning of February and am now at 155# and am still going. I'd like to be at 165ish