Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The fencer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Haha thdrduck that's some funny doo doo right there!!
Thanks for the laugh!

Old 05-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19834 Times on 11259 Posts
Likes Given: 49980

we had fence chargers when i lived at home for the hogs and the cattle. but they were the continous loop type. meaning the charger completed the circuit and if dirt or a limp ot up against it and grounded it out it reduced it's zap.

well one of my brothers and mine jobs when we got home from school was to check the charger out and make sure it was working properly. it made a different sound and the operation light flashed faster if it was grounded out. if it was we would have to walk the entire fence line and find the problem. i would start at one end and my brother on the other end and we would meet in the middle and continue on around. then meeting back at the barn where the charger was.

well we talked dad into buying us a set of walkie talkies so one of us would stay at the barn and monitor the charger while the other walked the fence line looking for the problems. we take turns doing the monitoring and walking the fence line.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Growing up my wife had a cousin that they called Pisser because he was always whipping it out and peeing on stuff. One day they pointed at the electrified fence wire and said "I bet you can't pee on that!". This was powered by a heavy duty fencer for cows. He stopped peeing on stuff after that. Sure wish I had been there to see it happen!

Real dogs drool!

Real dogs drool!

People Like This