Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Feedback on Mac Installation process for NM Collector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Feedback on Mac Installation process for NM Collector

Hi everyone,

I recently got an email from a customer using a Mac with OS X Lion demanding a refund because the Mac installation process was a "nightmare" and the Mac download instructions were a "round robin" taking him in circles.

I wrote the instructions based on my own Mac. It started with OS X Tiger and have repeated the installation process with each OS X upgrade up to OS X Lion.

I realize that I cannot please everybody. I am using an accepted and standard installation process for many (not all - some use the Apple package maker which I felt was an unneeded complexity) Mac java applications but I am certainly open to suggestions particularly with regard to the instructions.

What experience have you had with Mac installations of NM Collector Software? Is the Mac Installation page really that confusing? How can I improve it?

Here is a link to the Mac Download page which contains the installation instructions for your ease of access.

Thanks!

Clay

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I am now a Mac "Identified Developer"

I wanted to edit this post to fix a broken link for the "Mac Download page" but could not figure out how to do it so I fixed it in the quote below.

Also, I am now a Mac "Identified Developer" so all Apple "Gate Keeper" issues for their latest operating system should be resolved.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently got an email from a customer using a Mac with OS X Lion demanding a refund because the Mac installation process was a "nightmare" and the Mac download instructions were a "round robin" taking him in circles.

I wrote the instructions based on my own Mac. It started with OS X Tiger and have repeated the installation process with each OS X upgrade up to OS X Lion.

I realize that I cannot please everybody. I am using an accepted and standard installation process for many (not all - some use the Apple package maker which I felt was an unneeded complexity) Mac java applications but I am certainly open to suggestions particularly with regard to the instructions.

What experience have you had with Mac installations of NM Collector Software? Is the Mac Installation page really that confusing? How can I improve it?

Here is a link to the Mac Download page which contains the installation instructions for your ease of access.

Thanks!

Clay