Fedex question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fedex question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default Fedex question

So i ordered an Afg from Magpul and was tracking its progress across the country, it was due to arrive today. Ive only bought one or two other items online and neither was shipped fedex. We went christmas shopping today and the fedex truck came while we werent home. I guess i needed to be home to sign for it? I assumed it would be left by the door or in my dodge pickup as i know ups sometimes does this. Fedex.com says it will now be the 20th but that is tuesday and ill be at work then. So what happens then? Would they leave it then or take it to the post office?

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

That's fedex home delivery. They don't run Monday. You may take that doorknocker sticker to the local Fedex Ground terminal on Monday and pick it up in person, or sign it and leave it on your front door to authorize a Tuesday delivery.

If you don't do either of these, they will make 3 total attempts they return to shipper. They WILL NOT leave at the. Post office.

I spent 230,000 miles in a Fedex Ground delivery truck.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Last edited by willfully armed; 12-18-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

you can pick it up at their distribution center. just give them a call with the tracking number. whether they leave something at the door or not depends on the shipper's request and how safe your neighborhood is.

ups left my springfield armory 1911A1 at the door for me after it came back from getting the 470 rowland kit fitted...

mileage varies.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
So i ordered an Afg from Magpul and was tracking its progress across the country, it was due to arrive today. Ive only bought one or two other items online and neither was shipped fedex. We went christmas shopping today and the fedex truck came while we werent home. I guess i needed to be home to sign for it? I assumed it would be left by the door or in my dodge pickup as i know ups sometimes does this. Fedex.com says it will now be the 20th but that is tuesday and ill be at work then. So what happens then? Would they leave it then or take it to the post office?
If a signature is required they will attempt to deliver it again. If no one is home it will go back to the sender. Go onto the Fedex website and see what the tracking info says, you may be able to relay delivery instructions over the web or sign the slip they left at your door. Not sure that FedEx will leave it at the post office, most likely the fed ex depot for your area.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-18-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

If you call them and 'give them permission' to leave it at the door with no signature, they will do that, I believe. That way the responsibility is off them if you say they can do that.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #6

Ok thanks, i didnt see anything in the order confirmation or shipment emails from magpul or the fedex tracking page that indicated that a signature was required. Also there was no door knocker slip at the door, in mailbox, in my truck or in my wife's explorer, i checked for one but nothing. The tracking page on fedex says, "delivery exception (customer not home or business closed)". Ill try to contact fedex and see about picking it up at thier shipping center. I live in the country on a state highway with elderly neighbors, crime in my area is pretty low so thats not really a problem i dont think.

Ok just got the number off the website, ill give them a call tomorrow, not sure if ill get an answer. Ill authorize them to leave it here, dont really want to drive 40 miles to thier depot to get it, dont know where it is anyway.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 12-18-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
I spent 230,000 miles in a Fedex Ground delivery truck.
How did you like that job, i was wondering about doing something like that the other day.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I positively loved my job and my customers.

Me and some management didn't jive. That's why I'm EX FEDEX.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #9

If you dont mind me asking whats the hourly pay? It would have to be pretty good for me to drive 40 miles to work when i only drive 6 now.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
I positively loved my job and my customers.

Me and some management didn't jive. That's why I'm EX FEDEX.
That's too bad that you had to leave a job you loved because of bad management.