FBI posers
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

FBI posers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default FBI posers

Something I notice every now and again. What I assume are regular civilians wearing an FBI hat or similar government agency. Do these people wear these to appear to be a bad ass? I happen to be friends with two FBI agents and they NEVER wear anything that says FBI (other than at work). What is the point of being a poser like that? Worst I ever saw was a fat, wanna be, tough guy wearing a SEAL t shirt. I asked if he was ever in the Navy and he said no, I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #2

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Ya people wanna look BA.
It happens all the time at my school.
People wearing hats and shirts acting like they are a seal.
It's even more hilarious when you go for a high five and slap them instead. And then they hahahahah um excuse that then they aahahahah i cant get through hahahahah they tear up and shuffle away hahaha i have done this 3 times this year

Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

Liked 4747 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Posers suck. But that said, I know a lot of younger guys wear FBI gear because it stands for 'Female Body Inspector'.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I wear Larue and NHC shirts/hats all the time and I don't work for them. I do own their products, which is how I got the shirts & hats...

But I do agree with your point. If you are going to wear something indicating an elite level of training, even something like MENSA or NASA, you should have actually DONE it.

JD

Old 09-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Liked 4747 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Laurie and NHC are companies that sell their product for a profit, and for advertising. It's expected that you wear Magpul shirts if you want.

A Navy SEAL shirt? Are the SEALs seeing that profit? I doubt it. Besides, when you wear a shirt like that, you're claiming affiliation... An affiliation that many people died for. An affiliation to a group that people better than us couldn't even make it into.

Out of RESPECT, people shouldn't wear that stuff. Unless its like some girlfriend or wife, wearing a unit shirt that her husbands in, I can see that.
People Like This 
Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Laurie and NHC are companies that sell their product for a profit, and for advertising.
My parallel, and I should explained in more detail but got distracted by something shiny, is that as an example of a LaRue shirt.....

"God Bless our Troops......Especially Our Snipers"

Is emblazened across the back with a giant crosshair Mil-Dot reticle.

Now I am not a sniper, and all of my "training" just about qualifies me for dogsh*t in the realm of snipers, but I have been asked if I served and if I served as a sniper.

I also had a couple of Blackwater T-Shirts that I got from a buddy who did some protection work for them in the UK (low level, NOT what you're thinking). I supported Blackwater and what they were doing, I still support Eric Prince and think the guy is a true American Patriot, so to wear that shirt out could be construed that I was a member.

If asked I told the same story, that a friend worked for them, gave me the shirts and I support what they do.

But to someone who just saw me walking down the aisle at Safeway in my shorts and flip-flops? Well......

Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I don't like posers. I won't even wear the military's current camo as a jacket (even know I kind of like the look) because I don't want to be mistaken for one of our soldiers. I will wear the older styles of camo though. (I love tiger stripe. )

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-20-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #8

Liked 3257 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 433

I've been meaning to get an ICE cap for those times when I need to visit the emergency room.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
People Like This 
Old 09-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Worst I ever saw was a fat, wanna be, tough guy wearing a SEAL t shirt. I asked if he was ever in the Navy and he said no, I just rolled my eyes and walked away.
Was it a black shirt? Was he perhaps making a self-depracating comment about his weight and the marine mammal of the same name as the elite combat unit?

Some of those chunkers are downright funny, not just jolly.

In college i had a CIA tshirt with cannabis inhalers association spelled out under it in much smaller lettering. A guy at a Memphis/ghetto asian takeout food place saw it and my shaved head and started yelling "CIA, what CIA here for?" repeatedly until i explained.

Last edited by orangello; 09-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #10

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Is it more of a poser than wearing a college jersey or hat? Some folks may be a fan of the FBI. Who knows. Certainly they don't think that others think they are really special agents?

Carl Sagan

Newest Threads