Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite Street Food

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Favorite Street Food

I think I'm hungry or something, food topics keep coming to me.

One of the best things about living in New York city as a kid was the street food. Sabrett's frankfurters, Knish wagons, Lemon Ice carts and pretzel carts and roasted chestnut carts in winter. I miss 'em all.

Are there street foods in other parts of the Country and if so, what are they?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Taco and burrito wagons are all over here.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tacos, especially carnitas tacos. The first I had were at a little gas station-turned-convenience store in Huntington Beach, CA when I lived there. Simple but sublime.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #4

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

The best are the tacos al carbon and the bacon wrapped hot dogs.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The street cart pizza and hotdogs when I was in Chi-Town were AWESOME! I think I was eating every block... LOL

I have yet to make it to NYC though. The woman wants to attend a home Yankee game perhaps next season. I will be going for the street food. I have heard all the stories and much find out for myself.

Stop with the threads CA357 - I am tryng to work out and lose weight here jerk.

JD

Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yeah, we have taco carts and that stuff, but you can't get a dirty water dog to save your life out here, let alone that killer red onion topping.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #7

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Working down next to NYU we got all sorts of food carts - Chinese food cart, Gyro food cart, Hot Dog cart, Breakfast sandwich cart and of course the pretzel cart.

I'd take any one of em' before a fast food joint in NYC.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Working down next to NYU we got all sorts of food carts - Chinese food cart, Gyro food cart, Hot Dog cart, Breakfast sandwich cart and of course the pretzel cart.

Dog, do they have a fed ex nearby?? My woman would kill for a NYC authentic cart dog.

And a pretzel cart??? This sounds AWESOME.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #9

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

+1..when I worked in downtown Philly the food from the carts was better than any fast food joint. I am still amazed at some of the things that can be cooked in a cart small enough to tow home at the end of the day...but my weakness remains...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 11-01-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #10

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I spent a week in NYC when my daughter graduated from law school - while I'd never want to live there myself - the food is incredible. The carts are awesome and every corner grocery store has a specialty deli in it. I'm already to damn fat and thankfully I wasn't there long.

And yes, the real brick oven pizza is so damn good it probably illegal in many states...