Favorite Rich Guy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite Rich Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Favorite Rich Guy

Mine is William Randolph Hearst. His Father was rich but he managed to build an Empire.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I don't want to make anyone feel like I'm picking on them, but my favorite rich guy is a mod who has $500 knives and $2000 pistols.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I don't want to make anyone feel like I'm picking on them, but my favorite rich guy is a mod who has $500 knives and $2000 pistols.
I hate you....

JD

Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Paul Allen - The guy walked away with a fortune from Microsoft when their stock was still worth something.

He holds the record for the single largest stock transaction to occur at one time, cashing in something like $988 Million in MSFT AFTER fees were paid.

He bought a basketball team, because he wanted one.

He bought a football team, because he wanted one.

He has a personal island that he bought and had the entire thing REBUILT with the vegetation that he wanted to see when he visits...

The guy just likes to spend his money on stuff that makes him happy and is always doing good for the Seattle area.

He has a house on Mercer Island that we did a power upgrade for. He has a full size indoor basketball court that he holds contract negotiations on. When a Portland Trailblazer wanted to renegotiate their contract, they had to beat the boss at a game of horse. Apparently he is quite good. He beat Damon Stoudamire in 3 straight games, then still gave him more money for the following season.

He actually purchased an entire existing house just to have his security personnel stay in. They are about 100 yards from his primary residence. They are VERY well trained and they have some VERY cool toys.

JD

Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Paul Allen - The guy walked away with a fortune from Microsoft when their stock was still worth something.

He holds the record for the single largest stock transaction to occur at one time, cashing in something like $988 Million in MSFT AFTER fees were paid.

He bought a basketball team, because he wanted one.

He bought a football team, because he wanted one.

He has a personal island that he bought and had the entire thing REBUILT with the vegetation that he wanted to see when he visits...

The guy just likes to spend his money on stuff that makes him happy and is always doing good for the Seattle area.

He has a house on Mercer Island that we did a power upgrade for. He has a full size indoor basketball court that he holds contract negotiations on. When a Portland Trailblazer wanted to renegotiate their contract, they had to beat the boss at a game of horse. Apparently he is quite good. He beat Damon Stoudamire in 3 straight games, then still gave him more money for the following season.

He actually purchased an entire existing house just to have his security personnel stay in. They are about 100 yards from his primary residence. They are VERY well trained and they have some VERY cool toys.

JD

I think he needs his own personal plumber on site at the island. Send him my name JD.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Like him or not Bill Gates have put more of his money into charitable orgs than many others that are right there with him.

but yah like jo said I will be his IT guy Johnny on the spot.