Favorite 'relax' drink of choice - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite 'relax' drink of choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Blended whisky just has too much going on, and the flavor can be very homogeneous. I like the smoky, oaky goodness of a single malt. When I was a blended scotch drinker (and I still don't turn it down) I lived for the Chivas Regal. Probably the best of the blends.
Don't fall for the Johnnie Walker hype. I hate those guys who think blue label Johnnie is awesome just because they charge 200 bucks a bottle for it. It's only 24 years old and it's the same stuff as in the black label bottle. Apparently an extra 6 years in the barrel is worth an extra 160 bucks a liter...
Remember, good whisky will be smooth and tasty at any age (Although older=smoother), and price does not equal quality! My favorite thing to do with whisky snobs is fill 6 glasses with six different scotches, and watch them pick a Balvenie double wood (30 bucks a liter) over Johnnie Walker blue (200 bucks a liter) every time.
Yeah, you are right about paying $200 for a bottle of anything... I'm use to drink scotch because my father is a physician (Urologist) and many patients make several gifts to him...(usually blended Scotch) I take advantage of that I've reserved a bottle of Swing that he received the last week As I said most of the times I drink what I buy, a good aged rum, but when my father gives me some gift that he received I have to be polite and drink it (or smoke it, he sometimes receive cigars too ) but really the only single malt Whisky that I ever drunk was Glenfiddich 18 y.o. and I like it, the taste it's very different from the blended that I'm used to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
If you want to pour me 6 glasses of scotch, I'll be down to CT sometime!
HAHAHA... to me it will be a looong travel, lucky you, that the travel to CT worth less than 6 drinks.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #22

Default Cheap Mexican Urine! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
When the beer is cheap Mexican urine like Corona, ya' gotta put something like a lime in it to make it palatable. IMHO Corona is the WORST beer from across the border. Modelo Negro. Not half bad.
Modelo Negro is a Munich beer and Corona is a Pilsen beer, there are two different beers. Both are made by Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., so they use the same "urine" in both beers, enjoy your next Modelo Negro
You have several types of beers in USA, when I was there I'm impressed at supermarket for the verieties that you have there... I could not try as many beers would have liked. I only try some of the american ones (in here we only can find Budwaiser.... I don't liked at all so I even try it) the only that I liked a little bit was the Miller Genuine Draft. I don't like the dark beers (not at least what I tasted... Stout, Porter, Bock).
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
If you want to pour me 6 glasses of scotch, I'll be down to CT sometime!

Anytime man...I have an extensive collection! (When my wife doesn't get at it)

Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #24

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Absolute Currant (from the freezer) on the rocks, 2-3 anchovy-stuffed olives (the Ahi Berry-Bush)

-or-

Two parts Baileys, one part Absolute 100 over shaved ice. (the Detroit Orgasm)

-or-

Three fingers of Ezra Brooks neat. (the 3 fingers of Ezzra Brooks neat)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I guess I am the wuss of the forum - but that's cool, I can take it.

I don't drink beer. Never liked it, never tasted one I liked, and being in Seattle, the Micro Brew attempted capital of the states, that is saying something.

I've had both a Mojito and a Cuba Libre actually AT the Bacardi Factory in Puerto Rico and those remain two of my favorite drinks. Nothing beats Bacardi in my taste buds opinion. I love it with orange juice, or pineapple juice, mixed 50/50 on the rocks. Good stuff.

For a mixing vodka, I love Zyr. Really great no taste vodka. Doesn't burn and it's not anywhere near as expensive as Stoli Elite.

For a straight shooter, I love XO Vodka, which may be one of only a handful of things worth a damn to EVER come out of France.

zyr_vodka.jpg   xovodka.jpg  

Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
For a straight shooter, I love XO Vodka, which may be one of only a handful of things worth a damn to EVER come out of France.
Leave it to the French to make a likker container look like a faggy perfume bottle....

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Leave it to the French to make a likker container look like a faggy perfume bottle....
It's true. But the stuff inside is no joke. You should give it a try sometime if you like vodka. Although a shot of the stuff at a bar will probably run you $20 -

Which is why I order from Pops. Great prices and door to door service...

JD

Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #28

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Eh, vodka... When I turned legal age I used to drink screwdrivers. Liked the oj more than the vodka. Started drinking bourbon. Stopped drinking entirely.

Occasionally now if I drink it's a whiskey sour, as said above.

Scotty: "When are you gettin off your milk diet, lad?

Checkov: "This is wodka!"

Scotty: "Where I come from that's soda pop. Now scotch, that's a drink for a real man."

Checkov: "Scotch? It was inwented by a little old lady in Leningrad."

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #29

Default About rums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I've had both a Mojito and a Cuba Libre actually AT the Bacardi Factory in Puerto Rico and those remain two of my favorite drinks. Nothing beats Bacardi in my taste buds opinion. I love it with orange juice, or pineapple juice, mixed 50/50 on the rocks. Good stuff.
JD, To me Bacardi it's the best white rum after Apleton's and Havana Club, the White rum it's mandatory to make Mojito's... but to make Cuba Libre it's necessary a smooth aged rum (añejo) and maybe I'm biased but I do prefer the local Cacique 500 or Pampero Aniversario, Bacardi Añejo it's not that good at all... the Pampero Aniversario it can be found un U.S. try it to make Cuba Libre, Cacique 500 or Santa Teresa Solera are the other top Venezuelan Rums that deserve a try... if you can find some of those 3 rums do yourself a favor and try it I like Malibu with Coconut flavor and do like you 50/50 with some other natural juice (I like Strawberry, Pineapple or Orange juice)
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #30

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Rums are a funny thing. Good rum is GOOOOD, but bad rum tastes like chalk. I do like Ron Botran from Guatemala. Maybe not the best, but smooth and affordable. It's a nice light clear rum. Yummmm

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!