Favorite 'relax' drink of choice - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite 'relax' drink of choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Alcoholic drinks are an acquired taste. I've never acquired a taste for any of them. If I do have a drink, I have a whiskey sour. Otherwise Coca-Cola please......

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well since i'm only 19 i won't mention the alcoholic beverages...

but i like a can of cold MILKIS
its a carbonated Korean drink with soy milk in it and it tastes like sweet nectar

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Scotch when I choose to drink alcohol, but my drink of choice is iced tea. Peach flavor, if I can get it.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #14

I like the PHD pepper but I've been known to sip some whiskey once in a blue moon.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Alcoholic Beverages - 7&7, Screwdriver or Corona W/Lime Wedge

Non Alcoholic - Southern Sweet Tea, Pepsi or Coke

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Don't fruit the beer!!!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #17

moose-drool-brown-ale-30898.jpg
Seriously, one of the best ales in the world. If you have a chance you should try it.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
In here we can't find the Glenfiddich brand, but I tasted the Glenfiddich 18 y.o. in Aruba and is exelent, soft & sweet... It was the first time that I drink single malt, because always I drink blended scotch... try the Chivas 18 y.o or Johnnie Walker Gold Label they are smooth too, but they are blended so the flavors are more complex... even the JW Gold Label needs to be freezed before to release better all their flavors...
Blended whisky just has too much going on, and the flavor can be very homogeneous. I like the smoky, oaky goodness of a single malt. When I was a blended scotch drinker (and I still don't turn it down) I lived for the Chivas Regal. Probably the best of the blends.

Don't fall for the Johnnie Walker hype. I hate those guys who think blue label Johnnie is awesome just because they charge 200 bucks a bottle for it. It's only 24 years old and it's the same stuff as in the black label bottle. Apparently an extra 6 years in the barrel is worth an extra 160 bucks a liter...

Remember, good whisky will be smooth and tasty at any age (Although older=smoother), and price does not equal quality! My favorite thing to do with whisky snobs is fill 6 glasses with six different scotches, and watch them pick a Balvenie double wood (30 bucks a liter) over Johnnie Walker blue (200 bucks a liter) every time.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2864 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Don't fruit the beer!!!
When the beer is cheap Mexican urine like Corona, ya' gotta put something like a lime in it to make it palatable. IMHO Corona is the WORST beer from across the border. Modelo Negro. Not half bad.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Blended whisky just has too much going on, and the flavor can be very homogeneous. I like the smoky, oaky goodness of a single malt. When I was a blended scotch drinker (and I still don't turn it down) I lived for the Chivas Regal. Probably the best of the blends.

Don't fall for the Johnnie Walker hype. I hate those guys who think blue label Johnnie is awesome just because they charge 200 bucks a bottle for it. It's only 24 years old and it's the same stuff as in the black label bottle. Apparently an extra 6 years in the barrel is worth an extra 160 bucks a liter...

Remember, good whisky will be smooth and tasty at any age (Although older=smoother), and price does not equal quality! My favorite thing to do with whisky snobs is fill 6 glasses with six different scotches, and watch them pick a Balvenie double wood (30 bucks a liter) over Johnnie Walker blue (200 bucks a liter) every time.
If you want to pour me 6 glasses of scotch, I'll be down to CT sometime!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!