Favorite 'relax' drink of choice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite 'relax' drink of choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Favorite 'relax' drink of choice

It has been said that you can tell alot about a man by the choice of his spirit. Don't know who said it, don't care and don't buy into it. I've known guys who drink the expensive scotch and those who touch nothing but the cheapest beer. The drink does not make the man, the man is made by his drink and his ability to hold it. Thanks to Amsel for this idea.

So, you have the opportunity to relax and take a sip. What do you choose?

Me, because of previous bad encounters with hard liquor, can only sip the better stuff, but I don't buy it. BEER here, please!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Scotch on the rocks

On a regular basis I drink aged rum with lemon and Cocacola (Cuba libre), the Venezuelans rums are among the best rums in the world... but when I have a chance to sit and really relax and enjoy the moment I drink scotch on the rocks while smoke a good cuban cigar (Chivas Regal 12y.o. and a Romeo & Julieta Short Churchill)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #3

32 oz glass stein. (You can find them in housewares, most any "big box.") Fill to 1/2 w/ crushed ice, cover ice with Everclear. Top off w/ Grenadine. Serve with a cherry and a cab ride home.

Named after a line in a Bill Maher stand-up routine: "F*ck Me Like The Big Steam Piston In An Old Iron Train."

Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Gray Goose on the rocks, 3 queen-size jalapeno-stuffed olives

Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #5

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I use to drink Jack Daniels...Then the Dr. Told me I needed to go light on the drinking so I would fill my glass and show the Jack an ice cube then put the ice cube back in the ice tray. Told the Dr. I was drinking light...He didn't buy it...Then I found out that Jack Daniels also gives money to some anti-gun group I believe it is the brady bunch so I quite drinking except for a bear now and then. My Dr. is happy

Old 02-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Iced Tea with no lemon and no suger just ice.

Gave up drinking a long time ago. When you lose your house because your dirnking then it is time to stop.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #7

For a long time it was Talisker's with 2 ice cubes.

Although these days I am totally LOVING the whole Glenfiddich line. They have a triple wood 15-year-old that is just awesome; and their 18-year-old is smooth enough to skate on.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've always been a beer man. I've given up on quantity and go for quality now. Just about any dark beer. Sam Adams Boston Lager is my favorite but once in a while Guinness serves me well. I'm still in the process of trying at least one of every beer my local packie has in stock.

I believe everyone who drinks beer should try a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout at least once.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Used to be fond of George Dickel on the rocks (fine Tennessee sipping whiskey) but I learned it makes me a bit grumpy. Now it is the occasional dark Texas beer like Real Ale co. Brown Ale (when I can find it) or Shiner Bohemian Black.

I am assured my beer will still be in the fridge when I want one because no one else in the house can stand dark beer. If I buy "regular" beer, I might get two out of a six pack.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Glenfiddich... exelent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
For a long time it was Talisker's with 2 ice cubes.
Although these days I am totally LOVING the whole Glenfiddich line. They have a triple wood 15-year-old that is just awesome; and their 18-year-old is smooth enough to skate on.
In here we can't find the Glenfiddich brand, but I tasted the Glenfiddich 18 y.o. in Aruba and is exelent, soft & sweet... It was the first time that I drink single malt, because always I drink blended scotch... try the Chivas 18 y.o or Johnnie Walker Gold Label they are smooth too, but they are blended so the flavors are more complex... even the JW Gold Label needs to be freezed before to release better all their flavors...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE