Favorite movie shootouts? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Favorite movie shootouts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
And one of my favorites - the final shootout in Equilibrium, just before the big sword fight finale! ajust when you think the bad guys have him trapped, telling him they captured him without incident. He very calmly says, "No. Not without incident." Full auto Beretta's from each sleeve in a "gun kata" assault on the bad guys' guards! Thoughtful sci fi with great action and more suspense than you would expect.
Oh, +1 on Equilibrium! That movie was MUCH better than I expected and was actually really well done. If you haven't seen it, rent it for a $1 at the local Movie Cube and be amazed at what they did with such a small production budget.

Great choice.

JD

Old 01-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #32

I had forgotten about Equilibrium! That was an outstanding movie, any way you look at it.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 01-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I spent the last two days trying to remember the name of the movie "Equilibrium"...that is above and beyond the best gun fighting scenes that I can recall.

"Wanted" was pretty cool too. Same vein of sci-fi gun fighting.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have to say, I enjoyed "Wanted" even though it was panned a bit and it took a serious beating on this forum.

I think James McAvoy has a serious chance of being one of the four or five "action" heros of the new generation of films....

JD

Old 01-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

wanted was a good one, if only i could curve a bullet that would be 'da bomb'
i ll start practicing

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #36

Liked 41 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I love the last ten minutes of Unforgiven. Nothing like some classic Clint after a long week at work

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 01-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #37

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The bank scene in HEAT it's THE scene....

And the briefcase scene in COLLATERAL (exelent mozambique drill by Tom Cruise)
Ok.... it's not a shootout... but it's fun... would be an HK commercial

And the chasing/shootout scene in "The Pacemaker"(1997) with George Clooney
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 01-12-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 AM   #38

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
wanted was a good one, if only i could curve a bullet that would be 'da bomb'
i ll start practicing
Judging from some of my trips to the range, and the story my targets tell, I've clearly mastered this ability.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:22 AM   #39

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

got another, the fight scene with j. depp in once apon a time in mexico after his eyes get pulled out, now that is hard core. im livin la vida loca

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
48 Hours - Lobby scene where Nolte and 2 other officers roll up. Pretty intense.
Great shoot-out sequence, but I always feel horrible for the shot cop on the stairs, because he knows what is going to happen when Nolte gives up his gun.

I never could figure out why Nolte didn't head-shoot Billy Bear (who was the only armed suspect), and then see if the other bad guy wanted to keep the dance going. Neither one of the hostages are worth me giving up my piece, especially not after cops have gone down in the fight.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill