Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite movie shootouts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thin Red Line - Sweet Jesus, halfway through that piece of crap I was looking for a rifle to wipe the rest of those guys out just to end MY suffering....

JD[/QUOTE]

Yeah tell me about it. A great waste of WWII replicas, uniforms and special effects.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post

Yeah tell me about it. A great waste of WWII replicas, uniforms and special effects.
Exactly!

JD

Old 01-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #23

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Unforgiven - William Munny's battle with Lil Bill and his posse in Greeley's Saloon at the end. Awesome.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #24

Default Most All of the above AND

The Wild Geese - battle scene in the African village near the end.

The Wild Bunch - undoubtedly the best western shootout ever.

Steve McQueen in The Getaway. He made that pump 12 gauge talk in the hotel shootout!

Tears of The Sun - just "wow." I think they actually listened to their trainers / consultants. Take some of the Hollywood movie cliche crap out, and they were actually pretty tactical.

As mentioned, in Last Man Standing when he goes for the girl and then when he goes to the hotel. "Everybody gets dead sometime." WOW. Even with 4 pistols he still reloaded!

The Matrix lobby scene is a classic.

Have to agree with The Crow - the shootout scene in the bad guy's lair is intense.

And one of my favorites - the final shootout in Equilibrium, just before the big sword fight finale! ajust when you think the bad guys have him trapped, telling him they captured him without incident. He very calmly says, "No. Not without incident." Full auto Beretta's from each sleeve in a "gun kata" assault on the bad guys' guards! Thoughtful sci fi with great action and more suspense than you would expect.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #25

Default About the Thin Red Line...

I wish the Studio would take the MULTIPLE hours of footage shot and make a new GOOD movie from it! The director got so carried away with nature and philosophy, he forgot the damn story he was supposed to tell! I have read that he scrapped much of the plot line, and literally HOURS of film ( whole characters and scenes were cut out!).

Whoever owns the rights, I'm begging you, FIX the movie and rerelease it in theaters! The actors were fine, the cinematography and props excellent. Now just put the real movie scenes back in and take out the nature crap.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #26

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
The Wild Geese - battle scene in the African village near the end.

The Wild Bunch - undoubtedly the best western shootout ever.

Steve McQueen in The Getaway. He made that pump 12 gauge talk in the hotel shootout!

Tears of The Sun - just "wow." I think they actually listened to their trainers / consultants. Take some of the Hollywood movie cliche crap out, and they were actually pretty tactical.

As mentioned, in Last Man Standing when he goes for the girl and then when he goes to the hotel. "Everybody gets dead sometime." WOW. Even with 4 pistols he still reloaded!

The Matrix lobby scene is a classic.

Have to agree with The Crow - the shootout scene in the bad guy's lair is intense.

And one of my favorites - the final shootout in Equilibrium, just before the big sword fight finale! ajust when you think the bad guys have him trapped, telling him they captured him without incident. He very calmly says, "No. Not without incident." Full auto Beretta's from each sleeve in a "gun kata" assault on the bad guys' guards! Thoughtful sci fi with great action and more suspense than you would expect.
+1 on the Wild Bunch. Sam Peckinpah’s slo-mo shoot-outs are classic.

Really, take it from an ole' fart and escape all the cg stuff and the animation with the 1080di wtf and watch this 1969 movie.

You will like it, the cane said so!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #27

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

48 Hours - Lobby scene where Nolte and 2 other officers roll up. Pretty intense.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I did forget about it - but I have to admit the final gunfight scene wasn't that great - though the music was a nice touch....

Thin Red Line - Sweet Jesus, halfway through that piece of crap I was looking for a rifle to wipe the rest of those guys out just to end MY suffering....

JD
i like the one where their trying to kill each other in their house then the start makin woopie

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

oh yeah, the professional has some good ones

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #30

Just thought about it, the scene near the end of The Kingdom, when the one guy gets abducted and the rest of the FBI team goes in after him.
And Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the end scene when they are fighting against everyone else. I just liked it because of the choreography, the way they 'worked together' looked really smooth.

"When trouble comes, they come not in single spies, but in battalions."
William Shakespeare

Gun control means using BOTH hands.

Guns don't kill people, Strained Peas do...