Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   favorite midnight snack (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/favorite-midnight-snack-8306/)

matt g 11-10-2008 07:37 AM

favorite midnight snack

When I've got the munchies in the middle of the night, I'm satiated by two eggs, over medium, with a slice of American cheese on white toast with a little mayo.

I fry the eggs in a little butter, and sprinkle them in white pepper, onion powder and sea salt. I let the whites get crispy, them flip them over and let them sit just long enough for the Kraft Single to start to melt. If you time it just right the yolks are still runny enough for it to drip off of your sandwich.

junho806 11-10-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 49723)
When I've got the munchies in the middle of the night, I'm satiated by two eggs, over medium, with a slice of American cheese on white toast with a little mayo.

I fry the eggs in a little butter, and sprinkle them in white pepper, onion powder and sea salt. I let the whites get crispy, them flip them over and let them sit just long enough for the Kraft Single to start to melt. If you time it just right the yolks are still runny enough for it to drip off of your sandwich.

mmmm
sounds good my friend
your gonna have to make me one of those some day
:D

for me when i get the munchies...
i can't make anything fancy like that so i settle for some nachos or ice cream
:rolleyes:

spittinfire 11-10-2008 06:17 PM

my wife wont let me stay up til midnight anymore....She doesn't mind when I disappear for 5 days to go hunting so I guess I can't complain.

GlenJohnson 11-11-2008 01:09 AM

Summer sausage and colby cheese. Slice, dice and enjoy......:D

Benning Boy 11-11-2008 04:12 AM

The souls of my enemies. Mwaa hahahaha!

hongsx 11-11-2008 04:38 AM

whatever's in the fridge, but i usually dont have sh*t in there, so i settle for some water lol

matt g 11-11-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongsx (Post 49871)
whatever's in the fridge, but i usually dont have sh*t in there, so i settle for some water lol

My wife is sure to keep veggies in there and I'm sure to have beer on hand. A veggie/beer stew would be tasty, but way more time consuming than the egg and cheese sandwich.

You should probably get married.

cpttango30 11-11-2008 12:41 PM

Me I got for the classic PB&J. That is my staple for late night snaking. If I really get hungry I will sneak out to the Wawa and get a Cheese Stake with extra cheese (Provolone) and extra meat. A bag of nacho cheese doritos and a mt. dew....

All I can say about yours matt is ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. I don't like eggs all that much but the sight of runny aborted chickens will have me barfing in no time.

matt g 11-11-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 49900)
Me I got for the classic PB&J. That is my staple for late night snaking. If I really get hungry I will sneak out to the Wawa and get a Cheese Stake with extra cheese (Provolone) and extra meat. A bag of nacho cheese doritos and a mt. dew....

All I can say about yours matt is ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. I don't like eggs all that much but the sight of runny aborted chickens will have me barfing in no time.

It's sooo good though. You've got to leave the yolks runny, so they drip all over the place.

falseharmonix 11-12-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 49923)
It's sooo good though. You've got to leave the yolks runny, so they drip all over the place.

Have to agree with the runny yolk....BY FAR my favorite part of an egg sandwich....(or eggs for that matter)