Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Favorite Firearm related TV shows? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/favorite-firearm-related-tv-shows-55605/)

PrimePorkchop 01-16-2012 05:50 PM

Favorite Firearm related TV shows?

I used to be into Sons of Guns, and for a while, I got into American Guns...but the longer those shows go on, to me, it's more about Drama and less about guns (typical American TV)

Sons of Guns most of all...the more I watch that show, it seems to be scripted by people who have no idea what a gun even is, and written FOR people who have never fired one...some of the concepts in weaponry that they introduce on that show, and claim it's their own, is simply preposterous (1000 yard AR?) or the "AR that is better than an AK" ... and then the Kris guy can't even put it together properly...and he's an experienced gunsmith? I mean seriously...if that's not scripted I seriously don't know what is

I've really been enjoying "Triggers" on Military Channel, and my DirecTV box automatically recorded a show yesterday (not sure if it was on accident, or if DirecTV has some sort of "you'll like this so ill download it" feature?) but it was called "Ready, Aim, Sold" that seemed to be pretty damn cool (at least for now)

But I need more! =)

What shows do you guys watch and why?

BullseyePrecision 01-16-2012 06:01 PM

Swat magazine tv
shooting gallery
best deffence survival

JonM 01-16-2012 06:06 PM

I like topshot because the events are pretty cool and they use a wide variety of firearms. I dont like the fake drama. I would rather just see the competition portion.

ellis36 01-16-2012 07:12 PM

I saw just last night that 'Top Shot' is coming back in the near future. I didn't get the exact date.

RJMercer 01-16-2012 09:07 PM

I really liked Tales of the Gun on the history channel before the channel went all lib happy on us. No fake drama, no cat fights, just historical facts.

jjfuller1 01-16-2012 10:01 PM

just imagine how many of us would watch shows that all about guns or compition with no drama... the producers of those show should ask us what we like to see. im sure the tv show would have tons of viewers

Jkl-28 01-17-2012 03:10 AM

I completely agree porkchop, suns of guns is a crappy show with some lame ass people acting like they know what they are doing and American Guns is just as bad the scenarios on there are as fake as that ladies boobs and lips!
I liked lock n' load with the gunny but think they cancelled it :(
Triggers is cool basically tha same as lock n' load
Future weapons was ok (just hated "mac" he was lame n seemed fake to me)
Military channel has some cool shows still but lots of re-runs

Okie_fd 01-17-2012 03:33 AM

+1 on triggers good show. They had a marathon this last weekend. Will the guy that host triggers used to have a show where he played a special ops which I think was the name of the show. He go in alone and rescue hostages or deferent missions. It only had one season. I loved that show.
Does anybody remember that show guess it's been 2 yrs now. Wow time flies.

PrimePorkchop 01-17-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_fd (Post 679450)
+1 on triggers good show. They had a marathon this last weekend. Will the guy that host triggers used to have a show where he played a special ops which I think was the name of the show. He go in alone and rescue hostages or deferent missions. It only had one season. I loved that show.
Does anybody remember that show guess it's been 2 yrs now. Wow time flies.

My friend at work was telling me about that and couldn't remember the name either, and im very interested in seeing it...if you find out the name, by all means, please come back and post it =)

Edit to add: Just found it - Special Ops Mission

Okie_fd 01-17-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

My friend at work was telling me about that and couldn't remember the name either, and im very interested in seeing it...if you find out the name, by all means, please come back and post it =)

Edit to add: Just found it - Special Ops Mission

Yep that was a good show. I can't believe it only lasted one season.