Favorite Childhood Christmas Gift - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite Childhood Christmas Gift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Strombecker 1/32 scale slot car set for me. Spent countless hours, days, months, and years playing with that thing.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
P-51 Mustang gas powered fighter plane, that you controlled with a string harness, you stood in the middle as you flew it around in a circle. I begged for one and finally got it.

It made four complete circles, then did a uncontrolled steep dive to the ground where it busted into several pieces, that were not repairable.

It never flew again and my enjoyment of playing with it lasted approximately 10 minutes.

I then took my BB-gun out after that, and killed every damn bird I could within shooting range.

Jack
Had a similar plane, you had to add smelly fuel to it, and then swung it around in circles. I really disliked that one.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #13

I got a hammer the year my daddy was building our house. I was 7...he also took me every weekend with him to help.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #14

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

For me it would have to be the puppy when i was 9 or 10.

I had been asking for one for years so about 3-4 weeks before Christmas the folks asked the sisters and I what we thought Santa was going to bring us. The sisters said cabbage patch dolls (big at the time) and I yelled out a dog. The stoic look on their faces confirmed it for me. Yet another Christmas surprise ruined by me.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tyco slot cars.

My brother and I both got sets and would use them both to make giant tracks in our room, under the bed and dresser. We'd lay on the floor to get an up close perspective. He thought it would be a good idea to put his face at a corner and watch the cars coming at him. Any guesses on how long it took me to send one over the guard rail at him.

Ah....... good times.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Fender Strat hands down

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
Tyco slot cars.

My brother and I both got sets and would use them both to make giant tracks in our room, under the bed and dresser. We'd lay on the floor to get an up close perspective. He thought it would be a good idea to put his face at a corner and watch the cars coming at him. Any guesses on how long it took me to send one over the guard rail at him.

Ah....... good times.
I had the big set that went up the wall and did loops and even had a cork screw in it. I got something like 10 cars for it too. I even had a Peterbuilt and a kenworth racing truck set. I would take very light machine oil and put it on the track and do tire smoking burn outs.

I too had a line controlled airplane and I too had it for aprox 10 minutes before I got dizzy and crashed it into the ground making it explode. Oh well it was fun. I would take and fill it up and start the engine and let it go around the house chasing the cats HEHEHEHEHEHE that was till mom caught me and it chipped one of her chairs to her Brand new Oak Dinning room set.

A close second to my chipmunk would have to be my Barlow knife. I was the koolest kid in the group because I had a Barlow knife.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2707 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 221

A yellow Schwinn 5 speed when I was about 12. I wanted the 10 speed but settled for the 5 (not enough money for the 10). I probably put 1000 miles on that bike over the next 4 years.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I most fondly remember the BB-gun I got for Christmas in 1944 when I was seven. I was thoroughly convinced that I was well equipped to hold off the invasion of Nazi paratrooper that our local air raid warden had all us kids believing were about to land in our yards in the very near future. My oldest son still has the gun.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
P-51 Mustang gas powered fighter plane, that you controlled with a string harness, you stood in the middle as you flew it around in a circle. I begged for one and finally got it.

It made four complete circles, then did a uncontrolled steep dive to the ground where it busted into several pieces, that were not repairable.

It never flew again and my enjoyment of playing with it lasted approximately 10 minutes.

I then took my BB-gun out after that, and killed every damn bird I could within shooting range.

Jack
ROFLMAO I feel your pain bro. My first gas powered plane lasted about as long. I had to make that one from a balsa wood kit. But just the same, it never flew again.

The next gas powered plane I got was many years later and REMOTE CONTROLLED! We immediately took to customizing the plane and control to add some toaster element wire under the wings - to light the fuses on the bottle rockets, held in some plastic tubing under the wing!

Best part is...it actually worked About a week later, you couldn't find a bird, cat, dog, or neighbor's kid out in the open anywhere in our neighborhood. We RULED the 'hood. At least until one of the neighborhood parents came and told my Dad what we were up to. GROUNDED!

Slo