Favorite breakfast..... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Favorite breakfast.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Their hash browns are the BEST.
INDEED! I had an opportunity to ask one of their corporate peeps why they switched to jalepeno peppers from the spicy banana peppers for the hashbrowns; he indicated it had to do with shelf life.

Good stuff has happened to me at the Waffle House, regularly. When i first purchased my used Dodge Dakota some years ago, i was eating at my favorite Waffle House when some old guy came in and asked "who is driving that red dodge?". My heart sank as i figured he had bumped it; turned out he had traded it in a few weeks before. He gave me the trucks detailed life history and told me where he always had it serviced and how to get a record of service from the place.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #52
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
OK, a little "Googling" yielded this:

A popular drink in Asia, bubble tea can also be found in some U.S. restaurants and cafes. Use this simple recipe to make your own refreshing bubble tea at home.

Boba (Bubble) Tea

What is Bubble Tea?
The bubbles in the tea are actually large tapioca pearls, which add an interesting consistency to the drink. This is a cold drink, so you need to make the tea well ahead of time so it has plenty of time to chill. Bubble tea is very popular in Asia, and it is beginning to gain popularity in the United States.

Bubble Tea Ingredients
For this recipe you need:
•black tea
•large tapioca pearls
•milk
•ice
•sweetener

You also need a cocktail shaker for mixing together the drink, and extra wide straws for drinking up those bubbles.

Prepare the Tea
Begin by making a pot of black tea. While the tea is still hot sweeten it with sugar or honey. Generally, you will want to use about 1 tbsp. of sweetener per cup of tea. It is better to use less than more, because you can always add more later. Now, chill the tea in the refrigerator.

Boil the Tapioca Pearls

Tapioca is very delicate, so you want to make it right before putting the bubble tea together. Boil some water in a large saucepan. When the water is boiling, add one cup of tapioca pearls. Stir them up so they do not stick to the bottom. Follow the cooking directions for the type of tapioca that you are using. Generally, you want to let the tapioca boil for 25 minutes, then turn off the heat and let them sit covered in warm water for another 25 minutes.

Assemble the Bubble Tea

Drain the tapioca and rinse it with warm water. Add the tapioca pearls to the bottom of the cups. Pour one part tea, one part milk and some ice into the cocktail shaker. Give it a good shake so everything gets mixed up. Pour the milk, tea, and ice over the tapioca and enjoy the drink through one of the thick straws.
You forgot to add bubble tea is awesome.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #53

Liked 1919 Times on 1220 Posts
Likes Given: 1036

I'm really getting to hate Waffle House. I have to be at work at 03:30 and WH is the ONLY place open at 02:00. I used to enjoy stopping in once in a while, especially while travelling up north, and having country ham. Now where I live that's all I can get. Not an eggs benedict or corned beef hash to be found for miles and miles.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #54

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
you know I love to talk about my bowls and my movements and food. I just prefer to NOT do that in the same thread.
Know what they say..."don't sh&t where you eat." Never thought I would be able to use that in a literal sense...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #55

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
The only thing that beats my wife's biscuits and gravy is my grandma's biscuits and gravy
Grandma's cooking always beats the wife's cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Good lord...bacon, steak, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, is that even a breakfast food? Haven't you folks heard of the ongoing cholesterol problem in this country?
Of course we have. And the second line of my signature says it all:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO- HOO what a ride!"

Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #56

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
=
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO- HOO what a ride!"
LOL...truly words to live by...thanks.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #57
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Wasn't there someone on here (or was it another forum) that said he sits on his toilet backwards in the morning so he could finish his breakfast while he poops? He uses the tank lid as a table.

It must have been someone from 'that other forum' I sometimes go to.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #58

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Wasn't there someone on here (or was it another forum) that said he sits on his toilet backwards in the morning so he could finish his breakfast while he poops? He uses the tank lid as a table.

It must have been someone from 'that other forum' I sometimes go to.
Did you really have to ask?? It was Shihan!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Did you really have to ask?? It was Shihan!
ROFL. Really? Prove it!! Find the post!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #60

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
ROFL. Really? Prove it!! Find the post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Have you ever sat on the toilet backwards, so you could use the tank top as a table to finish your bowl of Ravioli?

Yeah, me niether.
Told ya!!