Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > favorite beer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The best beer I've ever had is Kilt Lifter from Pike's Brewery.

However, Mirror Pond's Pale Ale is my go to beer right now, but there is the AMC Rodeo up here at McChord right now and a team from Travis AFB has some Sierra Nevada beer, their Pale Ale and some Wheat Beer. I loooooooooooooove the Wheat Beer.

Oh and anyone that mentioned bud lite, coors lite, or miller lite as their favoritest beer ever is now on my enemies list. That being said Budwieser American Ale isn't bad, but it isn't a damn lite beer.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #32

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default mmmmm.... Beer!

mmmm.... beer...

I love Polar Pilsener and Polar Solera.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #33

Liked 1083 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Stone IPA
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Saranac makes some good beers also.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Just joined today seen this thread and to reply. I'm a big fan of the blonde bar maid ST. PAULI GIRL. , like the wychwood brews as well, had to go to imports, domestic beer gave me headaches after 3 or 4 .

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm a huge fan of Yuengling, which by the way, has the oldest brewery in America, since 1829. D@mn fine beer if i do say so myself

yuengling_bottle.jpg  

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 07-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #36

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Olde Frothingslosh Beer
"The Beer With The Foam On The Bottom"

20000529jbmarsha0529m.jpg

Fatima Yechburgh;

Miss Olde Frothingslosh 1969

ofcc004.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Schlitz (not the malt liquor) was a fave.
There is this vietnamese beer i like, i think it is spelled Huey (way with an "h" sound).

No, i'm not as big a drinker as i once was.

Last edited by orangello; 07-21-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #38

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Schlitz (not the malt liquor) was a fave.
There is this vietnamese beer i like, i think it is spelled Huey (way with an "h" sound).

No, i'm not as big a drinker as i once was.
It's baccccccccccck!

Schlitz

I have not found it yet but if it is anything like the '60 beer they may have a hit on their hands. It wasn't pre-filtered pee-beer, it did have gusto.

The reformulated 1970's beer is still produced, though in relatively small quantities, by the Pabst Brewing Company who now owns the rights to Schlitz after buying out the Stroh Company during the 1990s. This beer is currently available nationally, but only in the traditional white can.

During the reformulating period of the late 1960s and early 70's, the original Schlitz formula was lost and never included in any of the subsequent sales of the company.

Through research of documents, interviews with former Schlitz brewmasters and taste-testers, the 1960s formula, along with a new television advertising campaign were officially revealed in 2008.

The first markets for relaunching included Chicago, Florida, Boston, Minneapolis-Saint Paul and more recently Milwaukee and New York. The beer has also become available in Ontario, Canada brewed by Stroh's Brewing, a subsidiary of Sleeman Breweries. On October 1, 2008 the original Schlitz was introduced into liquor stores and taverns in Madison, WI., and most recently the St. Louis, MO area in April 2009.

While most of the country is still without this reintroduced formula, an interesting phenomenon has been created, with the Schlitz name being applied to two beers at the same time with different formulas. The company insists on its website that the classic "gusto" version will eventually be introduced into remaining markets, but this will be over the next few years. The popularity of the relaunched beer has reached far beyond what some had estimated, with many markets seeing a firm revival of the brand. It remains unclear as to what will happen with the 1970s formula, but indications are that it will be totally phased out and eliminated completely as it has been in markets where the classic formula has been reintroduced.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ Excellent! I'll have to hunt some down.

edit* I was raised by conservative, non-drinking Southern Baptists; Schlitz was the first beer i ever saw (and later tasted).

Last edited by orangello; 07-21-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #40

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Shiner Bock. Hands down good stuff from a little po-dunk South of San Antonio. When not available, I drink Miller Lite - made in Fort Worth, Texas, by union workers. Tastes like crap, but I support the local boys as much as I can.

Can't do imports. Taste too good. Kinda like my pick up and my Jeep. They'll never drive or handle as well as a BMW or a Benz, but buying American is something I'm always mouthing off about, so I generally put my money where my mouth is.

Christopher A. S. "Boots" Combest
www.facebook.com/christopher.combest

Member: TSRA, NRA, GOA, North American Hunting Club and Ducks Unlimited

"If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain."