You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Faux auction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
I'm sure the auction house would have to send it to an FFL here, so whatever I saved I'd loose out on with shipping and transfer fees. If it something regional to me I'll drive to get it before I pay an extra fee. Usually a 1/3rd to a 1/2 a tank of gas round trip is still cheaper then the fee...

I don't even doubt this haha. I coulda of had a gun shipped to me and have it here by now, but I figured I'd wait a week and drive up to get it since I was going that way to begin with. Seriously wish they (government) didn't have a say in firearms related items going across borders. Should only, at most, need to know one is entering/leaving their country.

On a side note, what would a semi-auto MG42 cost you to buy down your way?

Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

I don't even doubt this haha. I coulda of had a gun shipped to me and have it here by now, but I figured I'd wait a week and drive up to get it since I was going that way to begin with. Seriously wish they (government) didn't have a say in firearms related items going across borders. Should only, at most, need to know one is entering/leaving their country.

On a side note, what would a semi-auto MG42 cost you to buy down your way?
I'm in Arizona. We can get them Full auto here with an NFA( also called a "class 3"). I'm working on mine,...

Not sure about the MG42 as the only ones I have seen belong to collectors, but I can get a FA M-249 for around 15 Grand. My legally converted Semi-Auto Browning BAR was $3500 About 15 years ago. Now they run a little more.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm in Arizona. We can get them Full auto here with an NFA( also called a "class 3"). I'm working on mine,... Not sure about the MG42 as the only ones I have seen belong to collectors, but I can get a FA M-249 for around 15 Grand. My legally converted Semi-Auto Browning BAR was $3500 About 15 years ago. Now they run a little more.

I know you guys can buys. FA firearm with the right papers. We can do the same, but it's way harder to do since you HAVE to be grand fathered into the licensing. Their also a lot cheaper here, like $900.xx +tax cheaper here, but hat was for an AK variant.

The reason I was asking about the MG-42 is I've seen them for $3,500.xx on my side of the border.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #24

Quote:

I know you guys can buys. FA firearm with the right papers. We can do the same, but it's way harder to do since you HAVE to be grand fathered into the licensing. Their also a lot cheaper here, like $900.xx +tax cheaper here, but hat was for an AK variant.

The reason I was asking about the MG-42 is I've seen them for $3,500.xx on my side of the border.
Nice! We have a big Full auto shoot coming up here in a few weeks, but I won't be finished with GS school until almost the end of November. I might be going to work for a friend here who is already an FFL and gunsmith who runs his business out of an extra building on his home property. He actually has a small retail counter space there as well. He instructed me on what to buy for tools and machines that saved me about 5k so far...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Nice! We have a big Full auto shoot coming up here in a few weeks, but I won't be finished with GS school until almost the end of November. I might be going to work for a friend here who is already an FFL and gunsmith who runs his business out of an extra building on his home property. He actually has a small retail counter space there as well. He instructed me on what to buy for tools and machines that saved me about 5k so far...
I'd love to go to one of those. Closest I've been is five of us on my BMQ corse that got top shot and the chance to fire two magazines worth on FA from a C7A2.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #26

Quote:

I'd love to go to one of those. Closest I've been is five of us on my BMQ corse that got top shot and the chance to fire two magazines worth on FA from a C7A2.
We try and do it twice a year. We went to Vegas for he wife's 50th and that was part of the planning. She shot: 1 mag from an Uzi and two mags from an MP5, plus 12 shots from a Ruger Redhawk .44 and 1 mag from a Sig P228(M11-A1) I shot the Sig, as well as a Mac-10(2 mags), an M-4 w/an EOTech, and the M-249 also with an EOTech...(50 rds)..

Old 10-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
We try and do it twice a year. We went to Vegas for he wife's 50th and that was part of the planning. She shot: 1 mag from an Uzi and two mags from an MP5, plus 12 shots from a Ruger Redhawk .44 and 1 mag from a Sig P228(M11-A1) I shot the Sig, as well as a Mac-10(2 mags), an M-4 w/an EOTech, and the M-249 also with an EOTech...(50 rds)..
That's the one gun I'm really looking forward to shooting, but our version of the M249 is the C9. I had a friend who just did his DP-1 (basically his soldier qualification) and said it was the greatest thing he's ever got to shoot. Haha