Faux auction - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Faux auction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Alriiiiight......so a dead thread, but same "rules" apply. Their still going to be adding stuff to the link as things are added. Just curious to see what you guys would pay for some of the stuff in this months auction. One item not on the site is 300 rounds of 7.62x39 that's corrosive surplus. Gonna run down and put it in after this post.

One item I'm really digging is the Kar 98 in .22LR. I think that thing would make a wicked gopher killer.

http://www.scribnernet.com/march-30-2013-gun-auction.html

Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That Ruger Old Army is pretty cool; they are about the stoutest black powder pistols available and have been discontinued for a few years I bleve. That would be some fun plinking. They are sposedly based on the old Ruger Blackhawk frame but made to resemble one of the Remington 1858 New Model Army's.

They don't come cheap; some get up in the $400-$500 range on the Gunbroker.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Gun prices at live auctions tend to be stone crazy high. Was at one where a SMLE that was missing parts, worth about $90 TOPS went for $390. Told my family- if i get run over by a beer truck, whatever guns I have you don't want, give them to an auctioneer.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Gun prices at live auctions tend to be stone crazy high. Was at one where a SMLE that was missing parts, worth about $90 TOPS went for $390. Told my family- if i get run over by a beer truck, whatever guns I have you don't want, give them to an auctioneer.
You know what.....that's better then life endurance, also a good excuse to buy more guns haha.

In all honesty, that's the reason I put some of my ammunition in the auction. I'm just wanting to see how high it goes before people call it quits.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #15

I know this thread has been dead for a little while now, but is figured I'd revive it and see how it goes since to me, it went pretty well the last time. It's the same story, there's an auction by me, a few things I'm interested in, most things I'm not. Just curious about what you guys would bid for certain items.

http://www.scribnernet.com/october-12-2013-gun-auction.html

Again, doesn't have to be a bid on everything.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
I know this thread has been dead for a little while now, but is figured I'd revive it and see how it goes since to me, it went pretty well the last time. It's the same story, there's an auction by me, a few things I'm interested in, most things I'm not. Just curious about what you guys would bid for certain items.

http://www.scribnernet.com/october-12-2013-gun-auction.html

Again, doesn't have to be a bid on everything.
Bunch of stuff there i'd want. Probably 125-150 on the Mossberg 702's(i'd get one just to get the Youth stock from my wife).
some of the Shotguns too....Guess these items can not be purchased by Americans?

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Bunch of stuff there i'd want. Probably 125-150 on the Mossberg 702's(i'd get one just to get the Youth stock from my wife). some of the Shotguns too....Guess these items can not be purchased by Americans?

In all honesty, I'm not to sure if they can or can't be. It's why I've called it a "faux auction". Faux being french for "false", I'm sure if we looked into the import/export laws, it's more then likely possibly. It's more a matter of wether you'd actually save anything or not by doing so.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #18

Quote:

In all honesty, I'm not to sure if they can or can't be. It's why I've called it a "faux auction". Faux being french for "false", I'm sure if we looked into the import/export laws, it's more then likely possibly. It's more a matter of wether you'd actually save anything or not by doing so.
Yeah,..I know the Word. I have Faux Finished walls in my House. Hard to find 1897 Pumps in good condition. Even though I prefer Semi-Autos,..it's 1897's Only for "Wild Bunch"...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Yeah,..I know the Word. I have Faux Finished walls in my House. Hard to find 1897 Pumps in good condition. Even though I prefer Semi-Autos,..it's 1897's Only for "Wild Bunch"...
Ooh, well see.....we've got a lot of stuff coming out from the wood work since the long gun registry was destroyed. I'm willing to bet that some of the stuff being sold or open used now by some of the farmers around me were never registered.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #20

Quote:

Ooh, well see.....we've got a lot of stuff coming out from the wood work since the long gun registry was destroyed. I'm willing to bet that some of the stuff being sold or open used now by some of the farmers around me were never registered.
I'm sure the auction house would have to send it to an FFL here, so whatever I saved I'd loose out on with shipping and transfer fees. If it something regional to me I'll drive to get it before I pay an extra fee. Usually a 1/3rd to a 1/2 a tank of gas round trip is still cheaper then the fee...