Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Faux auction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Faux auction

Just because I think it would be a little fun and would also give me a good idea for price ranges, figured I'd put this up here.

There's an actual auction going on by my place and I'm thinking about going with a friend of mine. My reason for going is fairly simple, I'm looking for either a shot gun (gauge doesn't matter much), hunting/plinking center fire or another fun rimfire rifle.

So with that, what are some of the prices that you guys would call your cap bid on some of these items?

http://www.scribnernet.com/March_17_2012_Gun___Sportsman.html

For the savage that's chambered in .243 I'm thinking I would probably go as high as 250.00ish for the simple fact that I would have to buy a scope for it when I could go out and but the package for 330.00 before taxes. (assuming this is in fact the axis)

As for the mini Mossberg 500 chambered in .410, I'm actually not to sure what I would pay for it. I was to say it would be close to 400-600 new, but I've never seen this one before.

As for the Mosin, well I'd probably go no higher then 150 since I know their fairly cheap to begin with.

SIDE NOTE don have to make a "bid" on all I the items. Can just suggest a price on the ones you would be going for.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Just because I think it would be a little fun and would also give me a good idea for price ranges, figured I'd put this up here.

There's an actual auction going on by my place and I'm thinking about going with a friend of mine. My reason for going is fairly simple, I'm looking for either a shot gun (gauge doesn't matter much), hunting/plinking center fire or another fun rimfire rifle.

So with that, what are some of the prices that you guys would call your cap bid on some of these items?

http://www.scribnernet.com/March_17_2012_Gun___Sportsman.html

For the savage that's chambered in .243 I'm thinking I would probably go as high as 250.00ish for the simple fact that I would have to buy a scope for it when I could go out and but the package for 330.00 before taxes. (assuming this is in fact the axis)

As for the mini Mossberg 500 chambered in .410, I'm actually not to sure what I would pay for it. I was to say it would be close to 400-600 new, but I've never seen this one before.

As for the Mosin, well I'd probably go no higher then 150 since I know their fairly cheap to begin with.

SIDE NOTE don have to make a "bid" on all I the items. Can just suggest a price on the ones you would be going for.
Its not an axxis looks like a 110. If it is id go as high as say.....$325. All the rest id say your spot on. The 410 id go as high as say......$275

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Last edited by Marlinman; 03-14-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #3

I was a little skeptical on wether or not it was the axis. Thanks for the correction. Haha now I can (possibly) make a proper bid on it.

I'm a little glad that someone mentioned a price for the mini 500. I was completely stumped as to what a decent price for it would be. Haha

Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Closer look shows that the savage IS an axxis/edge. If i was you id try and get the tikka 7-08. Id bid $600 on it

Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Closer look shows that the savage IS an axxis/edge. If i was you id try and get the tikka 7-08. Id bid $600 on it

Oh, we'll I guess that puts my bid back around 250 haha

If I had the money for it, I would gladly go for the tikka since I wouldn't have to worry about what I can and can't legally hunt with it in Canada, but I've sadly got a cap of 400. Haha also looking for something that I can shoot with out having to worry about ammunition prices and wether or not I'll have to drive an hour to pick up a couple boxes.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'd pay about $90-$115 for the Mosin. That is what I just paid for one online. ($90 plus $25 shipping) The ammo is cheap as dirt. 440 rds for $80 plus shipping.

Edit: (your from Canada right? Prices may vary, and ammo may be harder to find, or it may be easier. I don't know much about that kind of stuff in Canada )

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-14-2012 at 06:40 AM.
towboater Likes This 
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I'd pay about $90-$115 for the Mosin. That is what I just paid for one online. ($90 plus $25 shipping) The ammo is cheap as dirt. 440 rds for $80 plus shipping.
That's part of why I want the Mosin. But I was Doug a quick look and turns out the cheapest seems to be about 225 or so in Canada?
That was for a 91/30.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

How much difference is there in the Canadian dollar, and the US dollar? How strict is your importing laws?

Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
How much difference is there in the Canadian dollar, and the US dollar? How strict is your importing laws?
As of this moment, 1.00 Canadian comes out to 1.01 American, so no real difference. As for our importing law, I have looked into it to be honest. If its anything like out exporting law is, unless I'm buying extremely large amounts of rifles/ammunition, it wouldn't be worth the costs. By large amounts I mean at least a million rounds of ammunition. That's what was stated on one website when I was looking for bulk 7.62x39 when I planned on buying an SKS for my first rifle.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #10

Just thought I'd give an update on the Mosin prices I've found.
I did a little more looking tonight before taking off for bed and found some for a lot cheaper. But the cheapest is still at 100.00 before taxes and shipping though. I'm pretty sure that's the best ill do in Canada for them price wise.