Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Fathers day gifts? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/fathers-day-gifts-66077/)

orangello 06-08-2012 09:33 PM

Fathers day gifts?

If you have a father, you probably owe him a tie or something next weekend. What are you getting your dad?

I will probably throw-in on a string trimmer with my sister (rechargable).

mountainman13 06-08-2012 09:56 PM

Did a bolt hold open mod on his Ruger 10/22. Might get him a speed loader for the sp101.

ShagNasty1001 06-09-2012 12:52 AM

Gonna try for a Mosin 91/30 so we can go shoot rifles together since he doesn't have a long rifle. Just a shotgun

tri70 06-09-2012 02:46 AM

Fishing gear my dad fishes like I hunt!

Rick1967 06-09-2012 02:55 AM

Crap! I forgot about Fathers day. I had disowned my Father because of how he lives his life. Now I found out he has liver cancer. They gave him 6 months. I had him over for dinner the night before last. Trying to help him through his last days. People here that know my history know this is dificult for me. But I am trying. I guess I have to go get a gift.

Zombiegirl 06-09-2012 02:57 AM

I am getting my Dad a 33 round magazine for his Glock 19. My Mom probably won't like it but......

carbon15man 06-09-2012 07:24 AM

I gotta gun safe form my lil boy and gf today man it feels good being a dad... But wont be getting my dad anything haven't seen him in years but my stepdad he'll be getting some bulk ak ammo I like to keep it simple

kfox75 06-09-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 829974)
Crap! I forgot about Fathers day. I had disowned my Father because of how he lives his life. Now I found out he has liver cancer. They gave him 6 months. I had him over for dinner the night before last. Trying to help him through his last days. People here that know my history know this is dificult for me. But I am trying. I guess I have to go get a gift.

Rick, you are already gining him one of the best gifts you can. I spent three years not talking to my mother over something that was minor in the end. I wish I had those three years back now that she is gone. I don't know your history, so I am making no assumptions, you have your reasons. Rest assured, you are doing the right thing. In the end, mom and I made our peace, and we were both better of for it.

As to the OP, I have a $10 and a $20 siver certificate from my dad's birth year. His birthday is the 22nd, so I think I'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

winds-of-change 06-09-2012 08:40 AM

I never know what to get my Dad. He is pretty debilitated from a stroke several years ago. He has no hobbies and he can't get out and do the things he used to like to do. The best thing I can give him right now is my time. Probably a dinner and cook out on the grill is all that's in order to make my Dad happy.

danf_fl 06-09-2012 11:01 AM

Okay, get him something that creates or complements work is in the same category of getting the wife a new vacuum for her birthday (Honey, the old vacuum is missing spots. Here's a new one.)

Give him something that he could enjoy (maybe not a tie). How about a prepaid vacation? Reunion with some of his old buddies? Pay a lawn service for the weekend?