Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Father's Day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/fathers-day-28308/)

jwhirl413 06-14-2010 11:58 PM

Father's Day

4 Attachment(s)
Father's day is really one of my favorite holiday's. Every year I look forward to hanging out with my dad and talking cars, guns, and women. I guess the main reason I love it is because we get to do guy stuff and everybody leaves us alone. This year will be even sweeter because there's a gun show....sweeet. I dont live very close to my folks so these times are rare and I relish the talks we used to share as a kid. But this year I'm also excited because I'm buying my dad a gun. He bought my first rifle, shotgun, my second rifle, took the first crappy pistol i bought off my hands so I could get a springfield and floated the loan on my first AR. So I am thrilled to return the favor. Here she is, I found her on a local gun forum and I'm sure he's gonna love it. Its a '78 Marlin 336 30-30. Right up his alley. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

DrumJunkie 06-15-2010 12:06 AM

Good looking rifle. I'm sure your father will be very pleased.:)

lonyaeger 06-15-2010 12:30 AM

You're a good son!

gorknoids 06-15-2010 01:08 AM

If you're ever put up for adoption, let me know! :D

saviorslegacy 06-15-2010 01:14 AM

That rifle is awesome.
I want to do something special for my dad, but I have no idea what to do.
I have no money. :(

Any suggestions?

skullcrusher 06-15-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saviorslegacy (Post 300013)
That rifle is awesome.
I want to do something special for my dad, but I have no idea what to do.
I have no money. :(

Any suggestions?

Savior, as a father and a son, I can tell you it takes no money to gift your father.

If he won't kick your arse for so, find the time to take a short walk with him. Dominate the conversation with how much you really appreciate his dadship. Let him know how much you have learned (not just guns, but in life) from him and how much you want to learn more. Tell him how much you respect and love him. Let him know that you are gonna become the man you are gonna become because of him. Cherish the time with your dad, and all of the father figures in your life. We become men because of them. Tell him you are proud to be his son, and you will do your best to make him proud you carry his legacy. Best gift you can give this year. :)

skullcrusher 06-15-2010 04:09 AM

jwhirl, can I adopt you? :D He's gonna love it. I wish my son was old enough to have a paying job already. He's gonna get some nice stuff, I want mine in return. :D

jwhirl413 06-15-2010 11:44 AM

Thanks guys, I cant wait to give it to him. I think I may be more excited than him. If feels really good to be able to give him something I know he'll enjoy.

dnthmn2004 06-15-2010 12:40 PM

Nice lookin rifle you got there.

I'm in the market for something exactly like that. Let me know how it goes.

bkt 06-15-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 300010)
If you're ever put up for adoption, let me know! :D

That was my first thought.