Farewell Uncle Lee
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Farewell Uncle Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Farewell Uncle Lee

My grand old favorite uncle passed away just now. Don't know how old he was...but he and his wife were together forever. Simple folk always in the best of moods.

I remember him coming over to our house getting our cans to get some cash out of...and I always was given a juicy fruit by the old man. Always in his front pocket next to his glasses as he sat in his car...to tired to get up....but always in the best of moods.

Here's to you Uncle Lee...may you rest in piece. Just before he died though I relized he had a very large gun collection. SKS rifle double barrel shotgun....etc. etc. He was a defender of the Constitution and even joked saying, "I'm going to die before I see that Obama in office." Then he changed it to, "I'm going to the inauguration!" While he was in his hospital bed. I smiled and the family smiled...and I handed him a pack of Juicy Fruit...said my goodbyes...and a few months later today...he's gone. God I miss him.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Rest in peace Uncle Lee

Best wishes to you and your family JZ

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #3

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Godspeed Uncle Lee

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9166 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

As long as you remember him, he's not gone.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My condolences to you and your family.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #6

Found out he was 77 when he died. Married to his wife for more than 40 years. One of the good old boys of yesteryear.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #7

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Sorry to hear about your loss Jiro. I'm glad to hear you have fond memories of your uncle, sounds like a nice man.

Godspeed Uncle Lee and watch over Jiro

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
As long as you remember him, he's not gone.
+1

When my dad passed I went and got some ink in memory of him. Every day I see him when I look in the mirror. Loved ones don't really leave if you don't forget.

False family condolences, and Godspeed Lee...

Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #9

Saw him today for the last time at the funeral. Gave him a pack of juicy fruit in his coffin we set it in his hand. He always had some type of gum with him...his favorite being Juicy Fruit.

Met some old family....found out the old Browning Family fishing lake is open again after years of being closed. Now it's been filled with spawning bass and brim...etc. Going to go fishing Like I did when I was 10 down there. I miss fishing.

If your in the Bama Area I'll let you come along.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 05-23-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:20 AM   #10

Holy bejesus. That old coot was a ammo horder. Has over 200 rounds of 7.62 Chinese old steel core...afraid it might explode...it wasn't stored well.....also the SKS cost him about 100 dollars...and it just sits in his closet......apparantly a son is going to get the SKS. I like the .22 and the Mossberg 12 Gauge he had that was a hunting shotgun.

I'd take it myself but I'm not like that. More than likely I see her keeping the two pistols and the .22 Rifle as she is to feeble to use the Shotgun or the SKS I'm sure. The sons will probably get the SKS and shotgun. Quite honestly they need to be cleaned up....minor rusting it made me sad to see it. The SKS still has cosma...it's a norinko and looks perfect. I offered to clean them up for his surviving wife and she was fine with it. Hell he has such old buckshot...it's paper wrapped and is older than me. Also two pistols in BAAAD shape one a .380 the other a .22 Revolver. Well at least that old coot was prepared...but he was to old to take care of his guns.......but he had them exactly how he wanted them....for SHTF.