Family-Traditions....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Family-Traditions....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default Family-Traditions....

Who has Family-Traditions for Thanksgiving and X-Mas???...and What are they???...My family meets at my moms house for a big thanksgiving dinner and for x-mas,The family heads to my sisters house and opens their gifts,and then eat a nice meal,Smoked-Ham most of the time....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My brother and I always bring out the Halloween pumpkins and shoot them up on Thanksgiving.

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Thanksgiving at my Dad's on Friday after Thanksgiving with my grown children and grandchild. My brother and his family is always there, my sister, if she can get home from Arizona.

Christmas Eve at my Dad's with the above mentioned group. Christmas morning at my daughter's where she and I make breakfast for 'the guys' and watch my granddaughter open presents Santa brought her.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #4

Liked 1952 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

No family traditions here. I'm from a military family, and all of us kids travel alot so just all being together at one time once in while was a plus for a holiday.

When I was in the Air Force I'd voulenteer to stand duty over Thanksgiving so the new guys could go home. Then when Christmas came, they'd realize they f'd up as that's when me and the older guys would be going home.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
No family traditions here. I'm from a military family, and all of us kids travel alot so just all being together at one time once in while was a plus for a holiday.

When I was in the Air Force I'd voulenteer to stand duty over Thanksgiving so the new guys could go home. Then when Christmas came, they'd realize they f'd up as that's when me and the older guys would be going home.
Haha.....it was a learning experience.

Where I work, if you work Christmas one year, next your you get it off. Same with all the holidays. Since I'm a comparatively older person where I work, I offer to work New Years Eve for the younger set and they often will work Christmas for me. I never do anything on New Year's Eve, anyway. Last year's New Year's Eve festivities was doing a ride-a-long with the local cops.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For Thanksgiving my uncle, aunt, brother, grandmother, and parents come to our house. We fry turkeys, have a big lunch/dinner, watch movies/TV, play games, and ect.

For Christmas we do mostly the same thing except on Christmas Eve we drive around town looking at other peoples' Christmas lights. We open presents and alike at my house aswell.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I spend the days surfing FTF - living vicariously through people who have lives. :-/

None. We do meals every t-giving, but since we moved 2500 miles from family, and our local friends have their OWN families, we don't have much socialization. This year we're doing T-giving the saturday AFTER; it's the only way to get folks free from family obligations.

Xmas - I struggle w/ xmas. I hate seeing Christ associated with the holiday, so feel silly going to church. My kids never believed in Santa; but we still open Xmas morning. I'm a traditional german xmas-eve type celebration guy. My wife, OTOH, likes it in the morning, so that's what we do.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use to struggle with Christmas when I was a kid/teenager, because I'm the only one in my family who's not Christian. However, over the years it quit bothering me some, because I do not associate the holidays with their religious or spiritual origins. Instead I view the holidays to me are just a universal tradition, but I do acknowledge their roots.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp