Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Falsehood Debunkers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
I have heard that if you drop a Remington 870 shotgun that it is possible it will fire even it the cross bolt safety is on, is this true?
Maybe. The Remington 870 safety blocks the trigger. Nothing blocks the hammer. It is possible for a sharp blow to jar the hammer off the sear and fire. One reason I prefer the Winchester 1200/1300. The safety blocks the hammer.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
That's how we differentiate ourselves from Mythbusters.

Submit a firearms myth. Something that seems almost plausible.

If someone has knowledge of the myth, post. What we won't accept is what your friend told you, unless you were there, and witnessed this firsthand.

Example: "I heard the Taurus Judge will fall apart after x amount of rounds."

Joe Bob submits: "Yeah, my friends did that. He told me so." Wrong.

Joe Bob submits: "Yeah, I was at the range with my friend, and when we left, the Judge fit in his pocket, in pieces." DING DING DING! Correct.

Submit a myth.
on that note... is there any problems witht he judge.. I'm considering buying one

Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I have "heard" numerous complaints about the Judge series of revolvers.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #14

could you expound on them for me robo.... I've heard alot of buzz about it but no real shooters who have taken it through some real rounds ya know... just alot of guys who carry, but arnt "avid" shooters if ya bought it and only run a box throught it ya dont really know how well its gonna do in my opinion ya know...

Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I have SEEN the front sight come off the Judge after 15 rounds.

I have had an issue where, on separate occaisions, the second knuckle of my middle finger would hurt like hell after shooting it. I tried the Tracker, in .44, and same issue. I can only guess the grips put my finger next to the trigger guard.

I have HEARD of thr frame cracking on the Judge.

Some guys just have to own a pistol that fires shotgun shells. If that's the case, I've Heard nothing but good thins about the Bond Arms derringers. I have not fired one.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Mine is along those lines. If you hit the hammer of a 1911 (whether you hit it or drop it) the gun will go off. Kind of why the old westerners carried on an empty chamber.
Kind of true for some wheel guns. Older ones that is. Take the Single Action Army for example. If you did not utilize the safety notch then you should carry on an empty chamber. But if you use it correctly then you can carry on a loaded chamber without fearing a ND.

All firearms can ND if they are not properly maintained. But Modern 1911s are just as safe as any other quality firearm out there.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 02-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The kid from the Life cereal commercials was reloading, using a mixture of Coca Cola and Pop Rocks, and blew a hole in his press....

Old 02-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I was told that a 380 had more "stopping power" than a 9mm or 45 because it dispersed its energy faster...

not making that up, I met a guy who was convinced this was true.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I was told that a 380 had more "stopping power" than a 9mm or 45 because it dispersed its energy faster...

not making that up, I met a guy who was convinced this was true.
Okay, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Can anyone provide data to squash this myth?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #20

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Mine is along those lines. If you hit the hammer of a 1911 (whether you hit it or drop it) the gun will go off. Kind of why the old westerners carried on an empty chamber.
Colt started marketing the series 80 (with the firing pin block) to prevent this from happening. The FPB keeps the firing pin from being able to hit the primer unless the trigger is depressed. Many other makers followed suit like Kimber and Para - some didn't. I have 1911s with and without FPBs.

As Robo has said (and none of us disagree with Robo), given enough shock - the hammer could come off the sear and allow it to fall on just about any firearm...

Newest Threads